Light hours and stuff

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pajara Loca, Aug 12, 2007.

1. My plants are about 1 week and a half, i have 3 left... two of them have the first pair of leaves of a good size for their time and starting to grow another pair, the other one is quite smaller... still waiting for a response of that one, it could be cause either it was the last one to come out, or because the roots suffered more when transplanting them.

I was wondering about how many hours of sun is good for them at this time of their growing if they should be directly under the sun or just in a shadow but still getting some day light? And if i should use a maximum number of hours now and then as they keep growing reduce those hours?

They are planted (sp?) in pots and they spend the night inside the house because i'm afraid they might be too small to spend the night outside with insects, rats, etc. they just like to take the sun outside for the time being.

Also, excuse my english.

2. hey man,

I wish you luck on all your plants. As for the few questions you had there, it is best to keep the plants in as much sunlight as possible from the start.. something like 18/6 or 24/0 as there is a huge arguement to which is best for your plant.. but you choose. Outside it is impossible for you to attain 24/0 so its most likely gonna be 18/6 anyways.

As for flower period you will want to get around 12 hours of sun / 12 hours of night which will force it into flower.

But for now, keep those babies in as much sun as possible! soak up that humidity and sunlight.

GOOD LUCK!

3. thanks a lot!

I'm having a problem now, since the past two day were rainy and cloudy i tried giving them some light using a normal bulb of about 75w (the ones that are circle like, not the ones that save energy), it was over the plants, and under them some foiling papel.

Then last night i read those are not good since they were more likely make the stem grow... so today i took them out to the sun and now the stems/plant have bent over :(

4. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1785247" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Pajara Loca</TD><TD class=alt2>thanks a lot!

I'm having a problem now, since the past two day were rainy and cloudy i tried giving them some light using a normal bulb of about 75w (the ones that are circle like, not the ones that save energy), it was over the plants, and under them some foiling papel.

Then last night i read those are not good since they were more likely make the stem grow... so today i took them out to the sun and now the stems/plant have bent over :( </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sounds like the plant is either over watered or underwatered if the plant is bent over..........Just leave the plant outside in the sun for a while it will come back.