Light hood upgrade suggestions wanted

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by abrahamx, Dec 27, 2011.

1. I am using a 600 watt hps with a basic reflector. Pics in my first and second grow (in sig) I am looking for a real nice upgrade that would allow me to add a few more plants if possible. I am currently growing under the basement stairs in about a 3x4x8 area give or take. I have some spare money for upgrading my op and would like some first hand suggestions on a nicer reflector for my light. I see some of these reflectors look huge and allow (or seemingly so) the light to better reach a bigger area. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks for any help.

2. Just looking for some first hand experience. Its hard to judge size online. Maybe I'll go up to my local htg supply store and look today. Still, I would not mind a few replies.

3. with my 2x600w lights i have AVENGER ajusta wing medium and they are large and have a wire that you ajust to make your light focus how you want.
    i also use a light rail that helps get the light to the bottom without trimming to much if any of your plants fan leaves off, even with only 3' or 4' width to play with it would make a difference to the bottom bud and you could get your lamp closer to the top without burning.
    i have my lamps around 8'' from the top buds ,but i don't have the stop at each end for more than 25 seconds.
    Middy