Light height

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by underboss22, Jan 31, 2009.

1. hey i was wondering if anyone has used 600w bulbs before, mine are verticle with a parabolan shade.
    my plants are growing outwards it seems not upwards.. perhaps light height?
    the light is about 2 ft from top of plants.. just worried about burning them..

2. A parabolic reflector wasnt a very good choice. sorry didnt mean to sound rude but they are just so inefficient. Get a cheaper horizontal reflector a lumewing will do. As far as heighth your 600 is putting off about 90000 lumens at 2 feet (horizontally) the light had diminished to about 22500 plants need about 10k to flower. Stick your hand right where the canopy is for a few seconds if it doesnt get too hot you should be fine. Hope this helps

3. Yeah unfourtunatly i found out that this shade and set up was shitty after it was all wired and running for a week..im gonna run these plants till the end with these shades and then switch..
    a buddy told me he had his inches from the tops of his plants using the same set up..i guess ill just have to try it out and see what works. thanks for the tip

4. get a new reflector asap...you can probably find a cheap one on ebay for $20..you are dissipating lumens all over instead of focusing them on to your plants. good luck on your grow bro

5. i should go back to the grow store and smash the guy there over the head with it.. he said the parabolic shades were theeee best... i took his word for it, last show i ran we used horizontals and had zero probs..thanks