1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

Light from Home Depot...

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by pyro2005, Mar 22, 2004.

1. I bought a 60 watt philips plant light the other day, and was wondering whether or not I should have bought fluoros instead. Its called the Agro-Lite and says on the box "for the acceleration of indoor plant growth" and "indoors" It projects light on the blue spectrum and i'm using it for an experiment. It also has been burning the shit out of my seedling (the others havent sprouted yet) :( I was also wondering about light spacing since it has been burning it like it was an incandescant bulb. Too close and the 2 tiny leaves present turn slightly brown around the edges. Too far away and it has no effect on the plant (that I can see so far)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. should've bought some compact fluoro's dude... they have some that are good for like 3 bucks each
  3. I know, I know. I regret it I can always do it later. Do you think it will work though? And what about spacing?
  4. HEy man i also have the same agro light i used it for a day or 2 and my plant started streching so i ended up buying 2 compact flouros and puting them in some sheet metal i bent. My plant is growing awsomely i styll have the agro light hanging right above the sheet metal. I also placed a little computer fan on top of the sheet metal facing down so the agro light heat isnt such a big deal anymore

Grasscity Deals Near You