Light for veg and flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Alex Hammond, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Okay everyone I am planning to set up a grow tent 5x5x7 with a 1000 hps grow light. I’ll be growing 4 plants 2 sativa and 2 Indica. What I am wondering is does veg need different wattage from flower, if so how much for a good yield?

Please help, thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can use slightly less for veg, flowering is where your lighting makes the largest difference.

Use MH bulbs for veg, HPS for flowering.

3. Do you think a 600 watt mh will bee good for veg?

4. For four plants, for sure. HPS also works for veg, just not as effectively, your choice. Either way you're set as far as lighting.

5. Is your ballast compatible with a MH bulb? Probably only with a 1,000 watt MH bulb though, I don't think you can run a 600w bulb on a 1kw ballast..

If it is then what is cheaper? Just running a 1,000 watt MH for veg or buying lower power lights for veg?

Short term putting a 1kw MH on your ballist is probably cheaper, easier, and the best light, than buying another light to veg, if your ballast will do it..

Or, buy another light for veg, and use it in another space, so you can veg and flower at the same time..

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can use substantially less wattage for veg plants so theres no need to power the 1000 watt and pay for the electricity. You could get away with a 400 watt for the first few weeks before going into flower with the 1000.

• Agree Agree x 1

7. VIVOSUN Hydroponic 1000 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Air Cooled Reflector Kit - Easy to Set up, High Stability & Compatibility

Can run 600w even if it is MH