Light during lights out!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JMedi, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hey GC when its light cycle is 12/12, when the lights are off and I wanna go check my setup to make sure its all good and going how will I see if I can't have any light on:confused:any advice would be great thanks in advance

2. You dont check it. By the time you get to 12/12 your plants should be more than mature enough to make it 12 hours on thier own. Sometimes the best thing for plants is to just leave them alone. If your having problems then you just have to fix them during lights on and hope for the best. Any light source strong enough to see what you are doing will be way to much for the plants.

3. Ok .....some one had told me to use a green light bulb because a plant doesn't recognize it?

4. I cant really say, never heard that. I wouldnt take the chance personaly. There really isnt much you cant take care of during the light cycle. By that time most of the kinks should be out of your setup. Even if you have nute or pest problems the actuall treatment only takes a little while, the bulk of the time is waiting.

5. yea you can use a green light my friend does and hasnt had any hermie..but yea best not to if you dont have to

6. Yes you can use a green light because weed ( or any plant for that matter ) doesn't recognise that spectrum of light it only uses blue and red and a bit of yellow

7. Even better...you have 12 out of every 24 hours when the lights are on, tend to your plants then. Leave dark dark.

8. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Even better...you have 12 out of every 24 hours when the lights are on, tend to your plants then. Leave dark dark.[/quote]

Exactly! Great advice.

The only thing I would add is if you need to do something...like a spray or whatever during lights off, then go in about 30-60 mins before lights on and do what you need to...preferably with a green light.

SignSmoker

9. [quote name='"JMedi"']Hey GC when its light cycle is 12/12, when the lights are off and I wanna go check my setup to make sure its all good and going how will I see if I can't have any light on:confused:any advice would be great thanks in advance[/quote]

You should have your temp, humidity, and whatever else our monitoring all set up outside the tent or room.
    Then you can check on that stuff without going in.

You should rarely need to go in when the lights are out.
    We do 1 time per month for a spray we use that shouldn't be done with all the hps lights on...they would burn.
    (magic green, by house and garden)

SignSmoker

10. my grow space is in my shed in my back yard it gets kinda cold so I go in to turn my heat on but my heat isn't a steady temp but does stay inbetween 70 and 80 degrees up and down so I just wanna make sure all is good to go but I can leave them alone till lights on and I do have a green light in there just in case

11. [quote name='"JMedi"']my grow space is in my shed in my back yard it gets kinda cold so I go in to turn my heat on but my heat isn't a steady temp but does stay inbetween 70 and 80 degrees up and down so I just wanna make sure all is good to go but I can leave them alone till lights on and I do have a green light in there just in case[/quote]

Sounds like you should be all set then.
    Good luck!

SignSmoker

12. thank you Is this little seedling in my sig pic still to small to start veg or can I start a veg cycle now?

13. As long as your temps and humidity are good, start them now. I put mine under the hps on day 2 out of the ground. The first day they get hps light but I set them just out of the primary coverage area just to be on the safe side. No since in waiting. All keeping them in the dark or under low light does is causes them to stretch.