Light during flowering.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DriftingApart, Aug 1, 2010.

1. So heres the issue. I can only visit my plants at night, because in this grow i'm striving for security. I usually go outside after dark every night or every other night to spray or water them, and i use my ipod as a flashlight.

My concern is, can the light from my ipod potentially turn them hermi? I know enough about flowering to know that they need 12 hours of uninterupted darkness. None of my plants have started preflowering yet, so so far I don't think i have anything to worry about, unless light during veg somehow effects the sexing.

Can someone shine a light on this?

p.s. Sorry about the pun.

2. hell no...i bring mine in from outside to my closet at night and it has to go though my lights in house...as long as u keep to like 5 mins min.

3. Use green light...plants will not even notice it.

4. little amounts of light wont have much effect. like posted before keep it under 5 to 10 minutes

5. I was wondering kinda the same thing, my plant is just outside my room and I often stay up decently late with the lights on, but the curtains pretty much completely block it. i was more worried about when i open the door to go out and toke and it shines right on it.. but if it doesnt matter for short periods of time i should be fine. i just got my first preflowers today too so it must be doing ok

6. Good to hear. My plants are sativa dominent and aren't even showing any preflowers yet. I'm looking everyday though.

7. ok well first 12/12 means not a thing outside go by photoperiod and all that shit about a lil bit of light hurting your plants what about moon light stop taking every lil thing that you read with such gout use your head moon light is sun light and there is moon light almost every night

8. Most plants may not be flowering. They may have been sexed, but we're still getting 14+ hours of light per day.

9. not me im getting 12 light

10. Flowering doesn't start for me until August 9th, but i already have one plant sexed.

11. umm moonlight is roughly .2 lumens... starlight being even less.

OP` i would stick to GREEN LED flashlights as suggested :)

12. Duely noted. I've been using the green flashlight app on my ipod ever since green light was suggested.

Thanks for the help guys.

13. seems like that app was made for growing:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

good job dorks who make apps for iphones:hello: