light doesnt turn on..

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by dan k, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Its a 400w hps, supposed to come on at 7... but it just flashes once then nothing.
    Even if the timer is off and I plug it into the timer it still flashes once.
    This started 2 days ago but I was able to get it to turn back on by fucking with the wire(which makes so sence cause I can always get it to flash) but today I can't =[

Any ideas what's wrong

2. It's either your bulb or ballast. if you have another bulb try that, but the ballast may be the problem. :(

good luck man.

3. I didn't feel like fuckin with it so I plugeged the 1000w in.. 3 weeks left =]

4. Good move. :)

5. Dan: plug it in. Seriously, take it back to where you bought it and see if it works there. I've seen Discount Hydro in Riverside, California do it a couple of times for customers who had a problem. While I was there, a person brought in a lamp they'd bought there and they shut down the store's grow display and plugged in the customer's bulb. When it lit in the store it narrowed it down to the power source or the ballast. A five dollar circuit tester, or something as simple as plugging in a lamp that you know works in another room will tell you if you have power out of the wall outlet, but unless you have an extra ballast it will be guess work from the wall. I hope that helps. Hank