Light Disturbance During Flowering Cycle

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Billkillerz, Jul 1, 2015.

1. #1 Billkillerz, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Hi y'alls, I grow in my bedroom and while the lights are of, except when truly needed, the bedroom light is always off. But my computer is also in my bedroom. So I was wondering if the light coming of the monitor could perturb the light cycle of my plant.

P.S : My plants are in a closet with the door open while I wait for my grow tent to arrive. I guess it would be a good idea to give you more info than not enough : My computer screen is facing the plant and is about 4-5 feet from the plants (Most of it is out of the reach of the light, inside the closet)

2. Im green as a pool table but from what Ive read............ANY light can hose you

3. #3 SlightlyStonedSD, Jul 1, 2015
    If it's vegging it's not as serious but if you're flowering you should take every reasonable precaution to ensure complete darkness.

I have my plants in a tent, in a closet and I still shut the closet door down to a crack when the lights go off. Do you leave it open to get air?

4. Crap, I'm on week 2 of switching to 12/12... I basically leaves it open because I cant completely shut the door off. Well I guess I must have been stressing them for a couple of weeks XD

They are still preflowers I believe, switch them when the first one started showing real female preflowers.

5. Well can you close the door or put your computer on sleep mode?

6. Sure I could, but I wont be able to use the computer anymore :p Well basically, this is a temporary place, if I let this be for 1 more week, will it be ok ? I try to keep light at a minimum, just the monitor light and nothing else, but if this could fuck up my yield, I'll just restraint from getting in my room till midday.

7. Hang a blanket in front of the closet. There's a lot of solutions or it may not affect your plant at all. Nobody's home grow is perfect.. study, do the best you can and hope it works out. Good luck.

8. Bill are you at least 18years old?

9. Hi Bill. This light cycle thing is pretty important and maintaining TOTAL darkness is imperative. It won't kill your plants or anything, but if you have light interruptions during the flower cycle, you'll promptly grow yourself some seeds. If you're in veg right now, no big deal. But during the flower cycle, you have got to keep it TOTALLY dark for that 12 hour period. Good luck with your grow!! TWW

10. #10 Billkillerz, Jul 1, 2015
    Hey lol my pic may seems young but im 25 XD

Ok well things are confirming what I feared, I'll put a blanket in front of it SSS that all I can really do while waiting for the tent ! Thx for the advice guys