Light Died, What should I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dr_krapp, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Went downstairs this morning and heard the satisfying hum of my LED grow board but....no ominous purple glow!

Light has died! Apparently complete failure of the light board is unheard of as they said to me on the phone "they have two power supplies only one will normally go", trust me to get the mega-fail one.
    But has been running non stop since june with no issues.

However I've gotta send the lamp back to be fixed and if not I'll receive a replacement.

I get the feeling this is going to take some time...
    They plants have been in flower for nearly three months but recently have been going crazy showing more and more new flowers, Lots of fresh white hairs.

Should I try them out with the little natural light coming in on these cool winter days or should I just chop them and start again with the light comes back fixed?

Seems not right to harvest them with so many fresh flowers coming through but the are very mature. Flowered longer than the last ones of the same strain and that was a good smoke!

2. That's y I got a spare ballast and bulb just in case something like that happens

3. buy another light asap, that or lose what you have worked for. 3 months in flower?

4. Some companies will axctually send you a replacement before you send your own panel in because they dont want your crop to go with out ANY light. See if the company that made your led panel would do the same?

5. Thats an awful jam. I got hit with a hurricane on day fifty last run. Now I own a generator. You really have to plan for these little things that can totaly fuck you

6. Three months into flower and the light goes out? Man you need to run right now and buy a nice light