Light DEP Greenhouse Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by MWS, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Hi all,

Took appx .04 seconds to convince myself. Gonna be putting a small greenhouse in my backyard to do some summer outdoor since summer indoor is a hassle.

Thinking security. Obviously locking doors and slightly opaque walls but I'm thinking about a spotlight cam and immediately start thinking about light stress during dark periods.... How do you guys handle nighttime security with outdoor plants without stressing them?

There's also a street light directly in front of my house.... :/ Looking into light DEP kits or even greenhouses with integrated light dep. Anyone know of any that don't cost 19 grand or take up a 20' footprint? Just looking for a 4 or 6 ft x 6ft greenhouse so a single or double plant summer run.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I doubt you’ll find one that small. You should just build it. Hoop houses are easy to build. If you are around all the time you can manually pull a blackout tarp over the whole thing. It takes some commitment, but it definitely works. They also make automated black out systems that work for you.
    These guys have some great options, ask for James. Humboldt Light Dep, LLC - Google Search

3. Here’s pics of a light dep set up I ran last summer.
    BF5F8CE8-F0E4-40FC-AB15-64C6E3A67902.jpeg F80F741D-9FCE-41BF-A982-5FC510FADBED.jpeg F8E5A226-B519-460E-A186-57201151A1F6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cheapest and best way is to build it!

IMG_0030.JPG

Attachment-2.jpeg

Attachment-1.jpeg

Attachment-3.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Nice, thanks guys! Definitely down to build my own. Just wasn't sure if there were any solid options out there for a small backyard set up.

Guess it's time to move my woodworking workshop wish list up on priority lol

6. Recent green houses plastic covers have adopted a green hue to conceal the viewer peeking
    in over the current clear view green house covering some suggest the plant see the green?

good luck

7. I've heard the same. That the myth of them not seeing green light is being shown to be just that, a myth. Havent really looked into it. I was thinking of a semi clear plastic to obscure what's inside other than "green stuff" lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you are doing light dep make sure you can reach the ridge line of the hoops so you can manually pull tarps. If not, you’ll need to design it so it can take a mechanical tarp puller like this: