Light cycles

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dnizzle420, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ok so what ive heard is that when yo grow weed you hould put int on a 10hour on and 14 hour off light cycle. the whe you want it to flower you can put it on a 12/12 hour cycle. (correct me if this is wrong please) but i was wondering if i kept it on a 10/14 light cycle for a longer time than adverage will i get a higher yeild? Thank you!

2. No you won't. 12/12 is all that is required for flowering. Nearly all strains just need 12/12 for flowering.

10/12 really won't do anything for you. Yield has many many factors, soil, nutes, grower, light type, pot size, how big is it, etc

3. vegging past 12" is a mistake imo. the light will only penetrate so far into the canopy. with a 1000 watter, beyond around a foot, nets you mostly pop-corn. i don't like messing with little budlettes.

4. Agreed you reach a point of diminishing returns on the light. If you do it much past 12 inches in veg you will most likely have to add ample side lighting.

5. I would also do 18-on 6 off for veg. Just my 2cents

6. ^^^^What he said^^^^