Light Cycles.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedSorcerer, Jan 2, 2008.

1. So I know that Light Cycles shouldn't be complicated, but in my mind, they are.
    I've got a really small space, about 1' wide, 2' high, and 7" deep.
    This grow is strictly for experimentation purposes.
    So I'm not looking to get the most amazing yield.

My question is, do I start them sprouts off at 12/12, or 24/0 for best small space yields.

2. With only 2 feet of height it would probably be wise to start off on 12/12 and LST the snot out of them. With practice and the right strain you may be able to give a very short veg but it'll be a tight fit.

3. That's 2' height for the whole growspace? So subtract the height of your pot, the hang space of your lights, and some amount of airspace between your lights and the plant top, and what's left?

I agree to start right into 12/12 and LST. I think it's your only option -- you can't afford to have a container big enough to develop a root system big enough to support a plant that has the secondary bud sites that a veg period would give you.

4. if u wanted 2 get a yeild outta it id by sum auto flower seed. Just my 2cent

5. Well, my first couple seeds are germing right now, but if I start them off at 12/12, at what time will they start developing buds? At what period will those buds be smokeable, and when will the plants' sex be determinable?

Thanks for the help guys.

6. 12/12 them from the start and use a one liter water bottle(not clear,with drain holes).They should start budding in a few short weeks,and mature depends on the strain.If you dry them and cure them right it would be about three weeks but only if you do it right,many dry um in the short cut way and smoke harsh buds real quick,id do it the right way.

7. I have 3ft (tall) of growing space when do you think i should start LST & 12/12?

8. well.. make that 4' of height :D

9. 2nd node showing for LST and figure your new 6' -light,-space between it and the plant and -the growing media.Leaves you with XYZ amt of TOTAL growth,so after at least the 2nd node and say 6" tall,at this point you figure 2-3 times that veg hight is full grown.Know the strain so you dont veg too tall and finish the grow with burned colas(but you would tie them back before that)Hope this helps man.:D

10. do u think i could get away with veging it untill its 1ft? & should i do LST? or just grow straight up since i got 4 ft to use?

11. This is a light cycle thread and we try not to hyjack ppls threads,search more(lots of info there)or find a related thread,no disrespect bro...