light cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by robby.toney, Jun 17, 2007.

1. hey guys ive got 12 plants started around 5 days ago and right now are about an inch tall. so far ive just been misting the soil once or twice a day and keeping them under 24hours light. my question is how long should i wait to put them under 16/8 lighting?

2. Why do you want to put them under 16/8? That's not short enough to trigger flowering, and not long enough to maximize benefit. Typically you should start under 18/6 and then reduce to 12/12 or similar to flower. 24/0 is counter productive, as your plants need a dark period to maximize growth and complete all thier biological processes.

3. spoken like a prodigy

4. thanks for the response...i was under the impression that seedlings enjoyed 24 hour light for a week or so before starting a lighting cycle. maybe with this new information my plants will start to grow a little faster like they did the first few days. looks like verry early tomorrow morning will be my plants first dark period. maybe i should start a journal in case this new guy is in need of more help haha