1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Light cycle question !!!

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by psilo, Nov 20, 2003.

1. hola every peoples , long time reader here ... this is the best and most informative forum on growing I have found ... I have a question for the more seasoned growers out there :)

I have a space which I am growing in (lights & soil set-up) I have two plants that are nice and budded with only afew weeks to go before being harvested. I wanted to get afew more clones growing so that I would be able to have a quick start on my next crop, so what I did was I got some clones and put them in with the budding plants which are currently on a 12 on 12 off light cycle. Well, Im sure you know what happened as I knew was going to happen, the clones, small babys tho they were, started to bud. SO , in 2 weeks I will harvest my nicely budded bubblegum ladies and what I am wondering is this : - If after havesting the mature plants I change the budding light cyle to the vegetative light cycle, will this have any derogitory effects on the small but already budding baby clones ??? I have concerns that a change in the light cycle to an already budding plant may stress it into turning male. I want to change it to a vegetative cycle because I want more than just afew little stocky bud-plants ... it just doesnt seem that productive for all the effort put in.
    Any help would be MOST appreciated :) Ciao !

psilo

2. i wish i could answer the question for you, but i have a couple of questions, how long have the clones been in flower mode? ive taken clones that were 3 weeks into flowering and its taken about 2 mos to go back to veg stage. if you end up saving them, switch them back to a 24/0 llight scheadule

3. hmmm, the longest clones (I got them at different times) have been in there for 3 weeks, the shortest ones have been in there for 1 week .... 2 months ?!?!?!?!?!?! shit thats a long fucking time ... oh well ...

4. There is always a risk when changing light scheduals during flower. The most likely problem will be a certain amount of herme-ism. The cool part of what you are doing: put the clones back on 24s, they may revert to veg as soon as 2 weeks, and you will know this because the new flowerparts will begin to revert to leaves. A flower is only a modified leaf on any flowering plant. Watch those immature calyxes. and they will elongate, turn insideout, and become a rounded single-finger leaf. You are in full veg by this time. Each of the budding areas will produce a profusion of foliage, and a clump of small branches. These make super clones. I love to airlayer a revegged branch, and get a bushy clone growing right on the mother.
    Good 4 U, 4 getting so far on your own.
    Grow in peace and plenty...the earth girl

Grasscity Deals Near You