light cycle problem!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vertigo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. hey,
    i got a plant that is in the middle of flowering (i'd say its got a coulpe weeks left yet) and i got a little antsy and germinated 4 seeds. my problem is, i only have one light and im using it on 12/12 for my flowering plant and in about a week the germinating seeds will be in soil and growing..... is it ok to start new plants on a 12/12 cycle? i figured once the flowering plant is done ill switch back to 18/6. wat do u guys think? or should i just leave the sprouts on the window sill till my buds are done on the first plant.

2. Putting plants in a window sill will cause stretching. You could just go with a 12/12 from seed if you want. You could switch them from 12/12 to 18/6 it will just stress them a bit and take a while for new growth to resume.

3. well which would b better? staying on the 12/12 or switching back to 18/6. i know the switch stresses the plant but it would have more growth right? and if i keep it on 12/12 what triggers the flowering stage?

4. If you keep it on 12/12 it is triggered by the light its getting. It depends on what you want to do. If you do reveg it you'll have bigger buds at harvest and your plant will have more on it. If you keep it on 12/12 it could be done in 2 months.

5. Put the babies in a separate place under 6500k CFLs for a couple of weeks and wait until the other is finished.

6. I agree with toastybiz. CFLS are cheap and can be set up just about anywhere. Every time I start my seeds I use CFLS then move to the more intense light in the veg box and then to the flowering tent. I think if you take this advice you will be more happy in the long run.

7. I see window sills, I see buy more lights,, umm what about outside for a couple of weeks..they shouldn't get too tall being only sprouts right now..and a little training if they do wil not hurt.

of course this is dependant on having a place outside to put em ..and living in the Northren Hemisphere..oh and not being much of a paraniod will help .

if it isn;t an option well Toasty really did hit it ....spend a few bucks and get a couple of lights.