light cycle for pure sativas?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by moose71, Feb 27, 2017.

1. I wouldn't veg to long though you gotta take into account overhead for the light as well and the container it's going to be in... You'll be pushing it lol I remember one guy in the forum I was watching had a sativa (was supposed to be a hybrid auto) he vegged it cause he didn't know lol that thing was all on his ceiling.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Problem with pure sativas is that they are equatorial and get 12/12 year round.

The standard 18/6 for veg will work but they may get way too big.

3. Pretty much. It depends on if it is pure landrace or if something has been crossed to it.

Some even need to be dropped to 11/13 or 10/14.

Just because you can doesn't mean its a good idea. Very little is gained from running lights 24/0. I prefer a 18/6.

When you veg on 24/0 they tend to stretch more when flowered. It would make the stretch on an a plant that triples in size even worse.

• Like Like x 2
  4. she looks good skippy! how long do you have to bloom her for to finish? got 2 w.w photos in week 3 in bud. only flipped them at day 65 as i had 3 autos i had to let finish before flipping. they're monsters at 3'by3' already!

5. Who are thw ww from? Some are indica dominant. The seedsman ww is sativa dominant and stretches quit a bit.

For anyone else wondering, c99 is a good sativa dominant hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i hear you! when would you go to 11/13? how long should i veg? got 2 female seeds purple maroc and easy sativa coming.

• Like Like x 1
  7. the w.w are from advanced seeds one is a regular photo w.w the other is a early widow which supposed to be a smaller plant but is a little bigger than the regular size w.w.

8. Well recommended flower time for this strain is 14 weeks and I bet she will take all 14 weeks to finish

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Got any legit articles that back that up? Just curious

10. I had a ton of seeds from when i went to gambia when i brung em back to u.k i grew them on 15 hours and flowered them on 11 hours light 13 dark as gambias on the equator daytime only changes a hour or 2 fom summer to winter so i just tried to copy there light hours and it worked a treat,took 11 week to flower them and they were 10 times better than the original,black pepper,spice and lime flavours wish i never used all the seeds up.

11. I wouldn't worry about 11/13 unless it has trouble wanting to flower. Let it grow for a bit and see how it looks and then post a pic. The easy sativa, if I remember correct, is supposed to start flowering around 18/6 if its from female seeds. I'm not sure about the maroc. If it does get too big there are things you can do. You can super crop or tie them down as they flower.
    Not one in particular. Just do a search on equatorial sativas. Around the equator it is nearly 12/12 year round. I can tell you from personal experience growing Mexican landrace as well as other pure satvias they stretch the most. They will triple in size.

Where it stays nearly 12/12 year round they will grow so long before they flower. Basically if you grow them at 18/6 then 12/12 to flower they will still veg for quit a while at 12/12 before flowering.

Here is one from high times.

Insider’s Grow: Six Tips for Growing Super Sativas – High Times

This one from sensi seeds explains it fairly well.

Equatorial cannabis varieties

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know sativa stretch I was referring to the 24/0 causes more stretch I've never heard of that before

13. I don't have an article on that.

It is something I heard several times and noticed myself.

People quote the c3 thing. They are c3 because there is no dark needed for carbon fixation. It is quite lengthy to explain. Just because dark is not needed doesn't mean it is not beneficial.

There is no real gain from running 24/0.

Systems of Photosynthesis

Carbon reactions (photosynthesis) - Wikipedia

14. yep. i plan to lst and supercrop the hell of of them! good articles! thanks for posting them!

• Like Like x 1
  15. No problem. You're welcome.

16. Why??

J

• Like Like x 1
  17. Look into light deprivation for outdoor/greenhouse. It requires more attention, but if you have the time or the help it is worth it. Basically the idea of growing outside, but simulating a 12/12 light cycle at your need. This js done by building a frame around the plant and then cover it with something that completely blocks out the light (black plastic sheets work). This would need to be put on and taken off dailey to simulate 12/12 outside. This allows you to start flowering sativas early outside. Start light depping a month or so before your other plants start to flower then once it is 12/12 outside you can stop light depping and let it finish out with the others

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Like this lol. These purple haze and white widow's are right at my carbon filter and light lol. They are on a table but I have 8' of head room. Was not ready for the growth I got out of vegging under a 1000 watt HPS.

[​IMG]

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/