Light confusion. ???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jFunk, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Hey GC I've been trying to get a straight answer for this and idk if there is one but any info what b helpful none the less. my first question is light penetration. type of light to ratio of plants. A 1000w light can grow more than a 600w light but let's say I grew 6-8 plants under a 1000w light and only 3-4 under a 600w which both setups can handle. will I get bigger denser yields under a 1000w light due to this light penetration? or let's just say I grew 1 plant. would the 1000w give me a bigger yield opposed to just using what was adequate? The next is the gram per watt. I know much of a grow depends on the grow room conditions, nutes etc.. but is that to say whether I have 1 or 4 plants under a 400w light I can expect the same yield due to lighting?? thanks guys. this is pretty much the last thing I need to know bfor I get goin so any info is greatly appreciated.

2. Assuming everything else is the same, strain/medium/technique/etc... in theory I can't see how less plants and less light will equal similar yield. If you've got enough room go for the 1k, or 2 600s if budget allows.

"1 or 4 plants under a 400watt light can expect the same yield due to lighting" from what I understand while reading, still a noob too so take with a grain of salt, that would only be true if you implement training techniques on the 1 plant that you wouldn't have with the 4. Lots of topping, or LST'ing one the 1 plant would get you at least closer to the yield of the 4 plants. Being equal to it I doubt it until more hands on experience is gained. All that still assuming same medium, nutrients and strain for the 1 vs 4 though. Hope it helps, or at least lures someone in here to correct my stupidity.

3. haha.. makes sense and was kind of what I was thinking. maybe the higher wattage giving more penetration just leads to a denser grow. thus more yield. time will tell. thanks for the input man

4. More lumens more weed