Light confusion. Not noob ish*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Idontsmokeimhi, May 15, 2011.

1. I have been using a pc growbox setup i just put a second light in there to add a little more daylight 6500k. the problem i have is i they coil is restin on the computer wire insides. They are there temporarily. Question is, does anyone see a fire hazard with this? Or this thing possibly exploding or some shit. IDK, lemme know

2. Prob.not. But I don't use cfl's. That's what I am guessing you are using. don't know how hot they get, but I don't think it's that hot.

3. I would avoid resting them on wires they can get pretty hot but shouldnt start a fire.(dont hold me to that though :smoke:)

4. it could heat up the wire so hot to were it blows your breaker/power strip but that is very unlikely. what is likely is that the wire might melt and you will have a exposed wire which could start a fire.

5. Thank you everyone, fast responses. Captain Morgan That's the scenario i've been burning into my head, so screw that. I'll just hot glue that bitch to the top tomorrow & cut out the rest of the wires.

6. I think that is a good idea. Why risk it right?

7. That's what i'm sayin, shit is going so good for a hobby project. If this keeps up at this rate i might make this a little more -.-