Light colored tops

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ogmarcus, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Coco and perlite grow. Some clones and a seed. Flora grow, micro, and bloom recommended amounts per gallon every other day or so. 1000w hps.

The new growth on all of my plants is a light colored green and it doesn't look right at all. It happened right after i added a humidifier but i dont think that is it.

It also happened when i turned the hps up to 100%
    There are always fans on.
    Hps is more than three feet away from tops right now, but was about two and a half feet away[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

2. Mine were also light green, i think thats how its supposed to b.

3. If there is deficiency, maybe Cal/mag?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. It went like this overnight. They were all dark green

5. Epsom salts will help.

6. Ill try

7. [​IMG]
    My plant had cal/mag issues, notice the green veins. Try to spot those before going all out on epsom salts. Also, wait for some veteran to answer your question :)

8. Post some pictures of your plant in normal light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. It has gotten worse today and i just flushed with well water because that's all there is right now.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Looks like low iron to me. But most of the time it’s not an iron issue. It’s either ph or calcium. Cal carries iron into the plant. It’s too heavy to be taken up alone from what I understand so it binds to the cal to get in. It’s an immobile element. If your ph is off it can cause a ph lockout of cal. Or you could be simply low on it too. I used to see it every time I flipped to flower. Now I add extra calmag week 1&2 of flower and it has stopped.

11. Cool. Epsom salt will work okay?

And is there any chance this is over feeding? Because ive been going slightly over the recommended tsp per gallon for micro. Maybe the excess nutes caused a ph issue, ill have to start testing.

12. Epsom salts are magnesium only no cal. I don’t think you have a mag issue. Mag makes the leaves look striped with light and dark green. And it starts on the bottom. Nitrogen yellows evenly across the whole plant. Iron yellows from the top new growth and heads south from there. It also could be an over feeding issue which is locking out other things. If you’re in veg still just do a full flush and reset your nutes. Let the plant recover and then just carry on like normal. Use a calmag supplement. It’s easiest. If you’re in flower you can do this too but I try not to do anything like that in flower. But sometimes you have no choice.

13. Still in veg so i will flush and reset

14. Just remember after you get your ppm down to around 100 ppm you’ll need to feed them with nutes to return the food to the plant. Otherwise you’ll end up with a very deficient girl. And make sure you let her dry out really well before you feed again.