Light Burn :/

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xternal123, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hey my T5 light fell last night on top of 1 my clones while I was asleep and the leaves got cooked a little brown on some of them...1 of it's new growing set of leaves got burnt pretty bad so I pulled it off. My big concern is, is this clone going to die after having some struggle like that? I was so sad this morning to see it the way it was :(

2. Weeds plants are tough cookies, they can withstand a lot of abuse. If it only burned some leaves it will be fine...just consider it as a little "Light Stress Training". :D:

3. Thanks for the info! It looks like some parts of the plants actually grew some more with the lights being that close lol. Just sad to see it with poor looking leaves after it's burned.

4. #4 Grows&Smokes, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I know what you mean. Ive never had a fixture fall on my plant, but ive had the plant grow so much overnight that by the time I got home from work the next day, the leaves were up against my lights, being fried...its a sad sight but never anything that will totally damage the plant in the long run.

5. I mean, only time will tell, nobody can really tell you if it will recover or not. But T5's and fairly cool, doesnt produce a lot of heat. I'm sure you plant will make it out alive.

Possible it could stunt growth until it heals itself, but I would't be concerned about it

6. I attached a pic of the aftermath, I took off the rest of what looks like an upside down leaf...I guess a little stress training but it's not looking terrible for a week old clone or so. Hopefully i'll have some better pics to post of it in a couple of months :)

Attached Files: