light burn?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yoloweedo, Aug 5, 2019.

1. #1 yoloweedo, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    l

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Those lighter streaks are lack of chlorophyll, and they will eventually burn, and cause some dying leaves.
    I've had exactly this while feeding lightly in hydro, and CalMag plus more food fixed it.

But anything's possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree with the previous comment, looks like a nutrient deficiency

• Like Like x 1
  4. cool okay so they need more pk what about base nutrients? i thought it kinda looked like magnesium deficiency aswell as potassium. your right mate about it being confusing

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could be Cal Mag. People always talk about NPK and how much of a necessity they are, and they are very necessary, but people tend to leave out that Cal/Mag are both pretty vital as well. Without it your plant won’t be able to take up all those viable elements nearly as well as they could. I’m not saying that is the issue here, but I believe a little bit of Cal Mag during growth every now and then never hurts..just my opinion here brother. That may be the issue or it may be lacking another element there of as well. Sorry if I read past it, but always keep up with your pH when plants are showing possible deficiencies, as well.
    Just my two cents, but I’d like to find a solution in this thread for your sake as well.
    Hope she fixes herself up, brother.
    O.Z.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It even gets MORE confusing,when you look at some pics with copper def...very similar appearance, LOL
    How to fix Cannabis Copper Deficiency (Cu) Pics & Symptoms

• Like Like x 1
  7. Correctly using any good fertilizer should produce no deficiencies if pH is in range.
    But many fertilizers expect a lot of calcium in tap water, which users of RO water don't have.
    Not overfeeding plus CalMag should produce no deficiencies.

• Like Like x 1
  8. When I first switched to qb, I treated for K def on and on until my buds bleached completely white. Now I blame light burn on everything. It really should be now called the stupid question, Is this light burn? Those plants wont die if you move them another foot away, and you just mught find they are perfectly healthy after all. If they start stretching, you know what to do. I doubt very seriously the leaves are going to go yellow on you with all the crap we dump on our plants.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've got 3 weeks left pal so i didnt really want to move them furthur away only to realise its a deficiency and ive gave then no light or nutrients. im stuck ahah. sorry to hear about your plants that got bleeched. my buds seem fine really no sign of any stress just those marks maybe slightly slow growth but it might just be this strain. pink predator

10. yea i think this is my problem pal overfeeding its caused lock outs and maybe thats affected how my plants deal with this light..?

11. cool, I find backing off the lights to be a good first move, simply beause if it is def, they don't need to be growing so fast, if it is nute burn the leaves are too fried to take in more light, and if it is light burn, problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 yoloweedo, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    p

13. #14 Mr.GreenJeans, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Bleaching/lightening between veins is an indicator of Magnesium deficiency. If the bleaching were exactly opposite where the tips are light and inbetween the veins are dark is a Potassium deficiency. If you're feeding tap water; which I assume you are, it has plenty of calcium and other minerals in it but maybe not enough magnesium. Use Epson salt. 1 - 1.5 tablespoons per gallon does the trick. If you're using Purified or RO then you need to supplement cal/mag. I take the approach of just saving egg shells and using them in my soil mix, and epson if they tell me. I use tap water that sits for 24hours before use and never have this issue. Ensure you PH your water to 6.3 and let 20% run off and take a PH/TDS sample to rule out lockout. Your girls love light and I promise they can take way more than you might think. If tips start to curl upward, that's your sign.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thanks for that info matey it all helps :D
    ph is 6.1 - 6.2 coco 0.8ec as i ran through a low feed last time to flush the medium abit. so theres definitely no lock out just tox and deficiencys. going to be feeding 1.0ec this next week just base then flush for a week.
    i was supplimenting calmag at the start of flower but now im just using base and pk 13/14 only used abit of it today as i thought it was a potassium deficiency.

im hoping the week of base sorts everything out.

15. im going to buy some epson salts would you add them on top of my base at 1.0ec?

16. Solid PH. A bit of potassium at this stage of flower will be completely fine so no worries on that front. Oh yeah that’ll be just fine. I’ve seen folks at an upwards of 1300ppm. The ladies look really great otherwise bud! They’re loving what you’re giving them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. i thought that was expecting it to be way off ph wise xD thanks for the advice mate i really appreciate it! and the compliment :D they do look quite tasty. ive been feeding canna nutrients with vitalink pk some cal mag.. silicon.

18. when I get that, I hit them with several foliar sprays with kelp extract. Usually takes care of it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. what do you think it is then mate deficiency wise? just wonderimg why your kelp helps? or is it just a stress relief?