Light Burn or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ChefZiggy, Dec 27, 2014.

1. I need everyone's input.  I've got some leaf damage on the White Rhino's I moved from my veg cabinet to the bloom room about 2 weeks ago.  They went from T5's to 600W HPS so I was thinking light burn since it seemed to only be on existing leaves.  But I noticed a little on some newer growth when I got back home today.  So in spite of trying to LITFA, I need other eyes on these.

The HPS light was a good 18-24" above the canopy and is air cooled.  Was this still too much of a change from the T5 that it had more or less grown all up into?

WR-LeafDamage-1.jpg   WR-LeafDamage-2.jpg
    WR-LeafDamage-3.jpg   WR-LeafDamage-4.jpg
    WR-LeafDamage-5.jpg   WR-LeafDamage-6.jpg

2. Like what? All organic, water only, basic beginner's soil mix.

As is, I'm not overly worried since it isn't spreading and the new growth seems to be fine. LITFA works again!

3. Looks like lime toxicity, I've applied to much once to my outdoor plants and they looked like your pics

4. Well, this is in a mix that did have some lime in it, but that was mixed three runs ago. So I don't think that's it.

Yea, have you considered ph fluctuation.

6. I did, but can't imagine what would cause it. Again, water only. That one hadn't even had any Neem oil yet.

7. #8 gone4good, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    It does look like some light intensity stess. I did the same thing once... a few large plants went from a 400 watt mh to a 1kwatt hps and it scorched areas on the plant..looked identical to what you're experiencing.
    I knew better and should have eased them into their new environment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. How high is your humidity?

9. Probably the light stress then, coupled with too much heat possibly. Anyway, you're good to go as long as new growth appears normal.

10. Humidity stays around 40-50%. Temps right at 79-82.