light burn is getting worse, I'm freakin out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jasem, Feb 16, 2019.

1. regular potting soil. sandy loom, a little perlite, a little compost. I add my own perlite to it.

2. I dont know what the strain is. I got the seed from within the buds. seeds are extremely scarce in my country.

3. if it is a nute burn. can I fertilize right away after flushing?
    I am confused as to how fixing nute burn works.
    So I flush. then what? I use the same fertilizer in lesser amount?

4. Maybe the thing is just ready to be chopped.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If your already into 8 weeks. Flush it and chop it. Worry about the rest of your ladies. Take what you can get off it and blaze!

6. I am currently flushing the first plant with the burnt leaves.

As for the second plant(with the upward leaves), she has not matured yet, she has lots of white pistols. that's why I am asking regarding fixing the toxicity. After the flushing can I fert in lesser amount? cuz she needs to be fed.

Also, after the flush should I wait some days for the soil to dry up? or should I cut the plant right away?

7. Do you have a jewelers loupe to check trichromes? On the one that’s 8 weeks I’d look and see if it’s ready to chop based on the trichromes. If it looks ready I’d flush once more I know you just flushed but flush it once more anyway. And give it 2-3 days and chop.

The other one id stick to your water water feed. But do flush flush feed.

You can feed light nutes right after your second flush but I wouldn’t after the first one. It’ll be fine a week with out feeding between the first and second flush.

If this was me I’d flush let it dry out flush again let it dry out and then feed half of whatever you were feeding it to begin with and then work up if it needs it.

Also, I know you said seeds are scarce but there’s mad seed banks online to get some good genetics from that will ship discreetly all over the world. Just a thought. Genetics are the most important thing when it comes to growing good herbs.

1)genetics
    2) environment
    3) lighting
    4) nutrients

In that order. Notice nutrients are listed last.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  8. I have ordered a jeweler's loupe. It's supposed to be delivered in a week. I wonder if waiting for another week would be too long. All of the pistols of the first plant have turned amber.

9. since all of the plant's pistols have turned brown. I wonder if it's better to put the plant in darkness to dry out after the flush. I dont want it to continue it's development since it already looks mature. I'm afraid keeping it under light might make it go past the sweat spot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I agree. Flush that one take it down cure it and forget it. Well don’t forget it blaze that shit !! Maybe since seeds are hard to come by a different strain got mixed in that finishes faster? The plant doesn’t look ruined right now. It will if you let it go. Honestly I don’t think you have the time to remedy it then let the plant come back from it. I think you’ll get the most out of it if you take it down.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would have chopped the plant today If the soil wasnt wet after flush. The flush is done now. I have to wait for some days for it to dry out. you think it's better for the live plant(not chopped yet) to be put in the darkness meanwhile?

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you’ve already flushed it fuck letting the soil dry. Best way to stop its development is chop that bitch. I would take it off at the stalk flip it upside down and hang it in the dark. Cannabis didn’t get the name weed out of know where. As long as that thing is in moist substrate it’s gonna keep trying to feed and grow. And you don’t want those trichs to go to far cause then the plant will really be ruined. (Grows like a weed). it’s just my opinion my friend. Baby all the others that are striving. Don’t waste your time with this one. Cause even if you don’t realize it it’s less time you’ll be spending with the girls that are healthy. And like I said right now. The plant doesn’t look bad. Cure it and it will probably be nice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. #33 dan min, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    This is exactly what I get near the end of flower when the ratio of pk13/14 is at its highest. I can avoid dead leaves by not using pk but it adds instant frost to the buds.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hate the term grows like a weed a weed is a plant in the wrong place any plant can be a weed lol but op has potassium def the brown on the fringes tells me potassium def the blacking of the damage phos def probly due to some lock out if the thrichs are done chop if not keep her goung cause she wont gst you high if thricdms are clear

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'd venture to say that the low humidity has caused the nute burn. Room is dry, The plants need more water, water has nutes, plant sucks it up, nutes build up. Plants start showing signs, you flush in reaction, More water means more nutes are activated, plant takes up water, too many nutes, water logged, lock out, wash and repeat. At this stage people are giving good advice imo, finish them up and move on.

• Like Like x 3
  16. how does flushing make the plant activate more nutes? doesnt the flushing get rid of nutes?
    I am confused as to how the lock out occurs. Are you saying consuming too much water by the plant leads too consuming too much nutes by the plant? even though I havent increased the dosage of fertilizers?

17. Man are you gonna hate me.

Check your roots. That looks like root rot. It will make it look like you have every deficiency in the book.

Given that you've been flushing and feeding and this and that... That's where I'd be looking.

• Like Like x 2
  18. #38 Sirtootsalot, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    I'm talking about the vapor pressure deficit.
    Just 4 Growers: Global Garden Community
    It's been a while since I read up on this stuff, so take it for what it is... stoned ramblings.
    I'm not sure what your medium is, so I'm going off of assumptions because of the dry room.
    I grow hydro, so this is how it works for me.
    Essentially the plant drinks more or less water depending on the amount of humidity in the air, which decides how much transpiration the leaves can do. So if its dry, the plant will be really having the water pulled out of it, and really drinking up the water. That means I need to run a weaker solution to compensate or as my plants drink the water the solution will get stronger, and I'll get lock out.
    Now in dirt, nutrients are time released and they break down slowly, but if a plant gets flushed, the nutrients will be flooded, making them break down faster, making more available and locking out the plant.
    So, if you put together the dry environment, combined with flushes, would lead you to your situation. That would be my theory as to what could have happened to you. Seems like a good guess. Not sure if what I said makes sense, but hope you get the gist.

19. Adding water throught out dissovles salts which will apper to activate nutes as your ec will jump up in yhe pic every time theres a water spike theres a ex spike althought these are just water. Waterings.

Lock out occurs when ph goes out of whack and ist in the absorbable range

If a plant drinks more water salts can beging to form especilly drier soils these salts burn and cause to show up top as burnt tips. Screenshot_20190110-180516_Flower%20Care.jpg Nutrient_Chart2-1.gif

• Like Like x 1
  20. I grow in potting soil+ perlie.
    what should I do then? give more water to counter the lack of humidity?