light burn is getting worse, I'm freakin out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jasem, Feb 16, 2019.

1. so I realized some browning on the leaves last week, I posted the photos and everyone thought that It's potassium deficiency. I gave the plant fertilizer anyway but browning got worse and the leaves got super wrinkly and completely dried up. They are so dry they look like they have been dried up for years.
    at first it was just the top leaves. but now even after increasing the distance and removing 150watts of led lights the burn moved down and the lower leaves also seem completely browned and burnt.
    these are from last week:
    IMG_20190213_153525.jpg IMG_20190213_153551.jpg IMG_20190213_153758.jpg
    these are from this week:
    this is one of the lower leaves
    IMG_20190216_073814.jpg
    lower leaves
    IMG_20190216_073906.jpg IMG_20190216_074040.jpg

This is my other plant, the top leaves are turning up, wrinkly and dried up, this is new, I noticed it today IMG_20190216_082354.jpg I am afraid that this might extend to lower leaves as well in the coming weeks.
    IMG_20190216_082407.jpg
    could this be anything other than light burn? any disease or rot?
    The only thing is that the other day I realized my grow room humidity is 30%.
    Could this be a contributing factor to the problem?

Attached Files:

2. How much are u feeding them?

Nute burn shows its presence by the TIPS of the leaves going first.. and working inward from the outside and down... just like urs..

I think your burning them friend...

Have you considered a flush perhaps?

If I saw that on my plants... I’d flush right away. 7x the amount your pot gold is what I would run through. Of PH’ed water if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. 30% humidity is fine for flower

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stop feeding them if their getting worse friend..

Trust me, nutes are ALLOOOOOT stronger than u think. U should never be using but HALF of what your bottle says.. and that’s at the END of flower.

If u can give us more details, lights, medium, schedule, nutes, tent size, all that stuff will help us Help you :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Advocate4TheMT, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Exactly what Clyde said. It looks like nute burn. I’d flush the plant cut your nutes in half and titrate your way back up to THE PLANTS desired amount not the nutrient company’s. Let your girls tell you what they need. I’d lift your lights a bit during the process just to release any unnecessary stress unless your using all LED then the lights aren’t your problem. I think if your thorough your gonna be surprised how fast she jumps back!! Most importantly Have Fun !!! It’s a beautiful process !!!

6. light is 1050 watts comprised of led panels. I removed 150watts after I saw the burn symptoms.
    asasa.jpg
    medium is potting soil + 30% perlite.
    I usually feed/water/water. when the burn happened I had already flushed. and I hadnt fertilized for a week. before that I had fertilized it with a high potassium/phosphorus fertilizer. non of my other plants had any burn like symptom with the same fertilizer. just one plant.
    considering this, the nute burn possibility doesnt really make sense.
    the room size is 120 square feet.

7. but the burn got much worse after I flushed. It just kept moving downwards to the lower leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It’s not your lights. Those panels don’t get hot enough. If that’s the only plant that is randomly going deformed this late in their process out of all the rest that have been raised the same way? Throw that fucking thing out !!! Not worth the risk to play dr this late in the cycle. Take what can off of it and get it out of there. Oh and future reference take some of those panels and hang them vertically on the sides of your room so they shine through your plants from above and around them. You’ll turn “popcorn nugs” from the bottom of the plant into boulders.

9. drying up and turning upwards on the second plant has only happened to 2/3 upper branches and not the whole plant which is more strange. if it is nute burn, shouldnt it affect the whole plant?

• Like Like x 1
  10. so light burn happens only due to heat? really? I have a big fan directed at the led panels. I also have removed the panel in the center to reduce the amount of light that the plant receives. I thought the overall volume of light can also burn your plant.
    this is the only plant with this problem. but my other plants are under HPS.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It’s all about the PPFD just as much as heat. Both burn

So do nutes lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. No. It will effect most of your upper fan leaves. The areas of the plant with the most action happening will show the nute burn. But carries by genetics and nutes and environment and all that :/

Hard to Say...

• Like Like x 1
  13. It might be mold man... the way that fan leaf looked I posted... looked JUST like the bud rot I got when drying with 70% RH

14. She could just have weak genetics, and couldn’t hang. I’d drop those leds on top of your plants so they don’t stretch any farther. I put mine just high enough above the tops when the on cycle starts, that when it ends some are touching the panels. I see the plants look very dense at the basses. Using soil and perlite it’s important to get under there with your clippers and trim out any dead shit or live shit that you know isn’t gonna produce anything. Expose a good extra 6 inches on your stalk. It will increase airflow across the top of your growing medium keeping it cool, and resistant to contamination and reroute the plants energy and nutes to the upper part of the plant where it needs it.

15. What week in flower is this? That’s nute burn for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. 8th week. u think both plants have nute burn?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Are you using any boosters?

18. I used a high phosphorous/potassium npk 20 days ago on the first one. then watered a week after that. then a week after that when I flushed. it was burnt then.
    The second one with the leaves turned upwards, I fertilized it last night with something that contained nitrogen, zink, iron, manganese and sulfur.

19. What kind of soil are you in? Based on the pics I’d say nute burn due to where it started and then the tips of the leaves. The tips are burnt which leads me to believe the pics where the margins of the leaves are burnt is just nute burn progressing.

LED’s won’t cause that type of burn. You’d get bleached tops before they’d get crispy like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. How many weeks is this strain supposed to flower?

Not gonna lie I’m impressed with the quality you’re getting with those blurples.