light bulb vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Reeferman6, Jul 19, 2012.

1. I just made and took 5 hits . I'm pretty high right now, but my throat burns worse then smoke . So does anyone know why?

2. cuz its a light bulb vape.

3. Well, hopefully you made one that's safe, because with many lightbulbs you could be getting a lot of other junk that could make your throat burn.

But basically...what the person above me said is true. A lightbulb vaporizer is NOT a representation of vaporizers. I tried that long before I tried a real vape, and was not impressed at all.

It's a completely conduction style vaporizer, so you're roasting your herb quite inefficiently with it, and it's going to be much rougher, drier vapor. It doesn't have nearly the benefits a real vape does.

4. I washed it out3 times with salt an water and then just water. But I don't have the money to buy a nice vaporizer , so this will have to do

5. [quote name='"Reeferman6"']I washed it out3 times with salt an water and then just water. But I don't have the money to buy a nice vaporizer , so this will have to do[/quote]

I understand that - but just be warned that it's not a representation of vaporizers in general.

I don't smoke at all anymore, I hate combustion in comparison to vaporizing.

But, even I would smoke over a lightbulb vape. I do recommend you try to save up though - if you feel blasted from that - a real vaporizer would earn you the money you spent on it by saving you weed very quickly. If you can afford cannabis, you can also eventually afford a vape. Best of luck to you.

6. That's true. Is there a certain vaporizer I should get?

7. [quote name='"Reeferman6"']That's true. Is there a certain vaporizer I should get?[/quote]

On a budget it's certainly difficult. Would also depend if you were looking for a desktop or portable.

There's cheap portable options that can function well (but still not nearly as well as a desktop). The cheapest of these are the Vapor Genie (50 bucks on ebay, with a steep learning curve and requires a lighter, but CAN function well with practice), and the MFLB (80 on ebay, also with a learning curve, but will work better than the Genie).

If you can afford to have a desktop vaporizer in terms of getting away with the stealth of one an whatnot, the Da Buddha is VERY much worth saving up for. At 150 dollars it seems steep, but it is literally arguably the best vaporizer on the market. You can leave it on 24/7 if you wish for years, and it will produce the biggest hits you could imagine...forever.

Unless you need the stealth/portability of the Genie/MFLB, I believe that money is better spent saving up for the Da Buddha. The Da Buddha is easily the best value for the money though imo.

There's a lot of shady vaporizers out there that aren't worth the money. These listed are great examples of vapes that are worth their value.

8. Don't use the lightbulb vape, that some serious methhead-type shit. Seriously, it makes you look BAD.

Just save up for a while to get a real vape, it's not that difficult. Every week add $5 to a jar, which will go towards the purchase of a quality vape

Some vaped I suggest are da Buddha, silver surfer vape, vapor brothers, arizer extreme q, mflb.

The reason your throat is probably hurting is because the light bulb probably wasn't cleaned out properly. Even if you tried 3 times, there was probably still harmful chemicals left inside the bulb.

9. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

On a budget it's certainly difficult. Would also depend if you were looking for a desktop or portable.

There's cheap portable options that can function well (but still not nearly as well as a desktop). The cheapest of these are the Vapor Genie (50 bucks on ebay, with a steep learning curve and requires a lighter, but CAN function well with practice), and the MFLB (80 on ebay, also with a learning curve, but will work better than the Genie).

If you can afford to have a desktop vaporizer in terms of getting away with the stealth of one an whatnot, the Da Buddha is VERY much worth saving up for. At 150 dollars it seems steep, but it is literally arguably the best vaporizer on the market. You can leave it on 24/7 if you wish for years, and it will produce the biggest hits you could imagine...forever.

Unless you need the stealth/portability of the Genie/MFLB, I believe that money is better spent saving up for the Da Buddha. The Da Buddha is easily the best value for the money though imo.

There's a lot of shady vaporizers out there that aren't worth the money. These listed are great examples of vapes that are worth their value.[/quote]

Well I have enough money for da buddha so ill order it soon hopefully

10. [quote name='"Reeferman6"']

Well I have enough money for da buddha so ill order it soon hopefully[/quote]

You wont regret it, I absolutely love my Silver Surfer (same company, same heating element, virtually identical performance).