light bulb question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joejoe, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ok ok ok now dont hassel me. i have a 60 watt reg bulb on a plant :p its doing well. i guess for me no crazy strain idk what it is but o well not my ques. so the 60 watt regualr bulb is on my plant. I just got 3 satco s396 tubular 60 watt 120 v says online Lumens (Initial) 490 60 Watt - T10 Tubular Incandescent - Clear - 1000 Life Hours - 120 Volt - 60T10/Clear/MED/120V - Satco S3896

i just dont know if i should put 3 of these or just leave the one 60watt reg bulb any sugestions. thanks joe:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. if by regular you mean incandescent then you shouldent use them they make way too much heat for the lumens/energy used and also dont really have a lot of light in the spectrums you want. go with cfl's or t5 flourescents.

3. get as much light as u can get, the 60W bulb is sucking alot of power and not doing much. Go for a CFL light set-up
    Plenty of grow journals on here to see other peoples cfl's in action

4. im going to walmart on Friday the only store around i live in the middle of nowhere but anyways what type of cfl how many watts would be good

box 3ft width 4 ft deep 7 ft high:)

5. go to the general indoor growing forum and check out the stickied cfl guide, all you neen to know