light bulb Q

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brian8472, Dec 12, 2003.

1. hi i just planted some weeds which began to sprout and im wondering if useing a mechanics light will be enough light for them and what cycle of lighting should i use at the moment? 24/0? anyways any advice would be helpful thanks guys :D

2. to give a better idea of what my setup looks like here it is as follows:

its a small closet about 4 square feet of room, the newly germinated seed was placed into an old 16 kilogram 16 inch deep kitty litter box made of plastic next i added a full bag of organic soil and firmly worked it with my hands to be sure theres no clumps, next with 2 fingers i made a small 1 inch by 1 inch entrenchment into the soil and placed the seed into it with the sprout sideways. then i watered it to make sure the soil is nice and moist i used warm room temp water then i took a mechanics lightbulb and hung it facing down on my setup its about 1 1/2 inches from the soil next i plan to place a small fan set on low power to circulate the air and i also intend to make 2 large tinfoil sheilds to further focus light on my setup, i need to know possible things to look out for with my current setup and do i need to buy a hps light bulb or will this small mechanics light do for a few days?