Light bleaching or mold?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Justsinforme, Jun 2, 2017.

1. The rest of my plant is amazingly healthy, but I'm worried about the small yellowing leaves near the center of the colas[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Pretty concerned here, as is anyone in the problems thread lol. I've searched the rest of the threads for similar pics, to no avail.

3. Hey, so is it out door or indoor grow?
    What has the humidity level been with the lights on and off?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Indoor, 600w LED about 12" from the tallest. Humidity is at about 50% down low, 30% near the kolas due to the airflow... I haven't checked at night, but my fans are on a constant flow if that matters... Thanks for the reply.

5. I can tell you it it neither bleaching or mold.

6. So upon further inspection those nuggs seem to smell less and it may be my imagination, but kinda smell a little mildewey

7. While you provided a little headfake with complaining about yellow leaves and I focussed on the cute little ones coming out the top and thought you were being a bit paranoid. What has your humidity been? I had bud rot once and yes for me it showed up as yellowing and then dying leaves on the cola.

Edit: I see you say your humidity has been 50% or below. Mold is not gonna grow in that humidity.

8. I don't remember the exact # of days but about the 5th week of flower and I was slow to react to 70+% humidity for maybe a week and paid for it. I still do not worry too much about humidity into the 3rd week (with alot of air flow) but after that its 55 or below.

9. Do they all have it or just one top? Dont believe its light burn even though I have the exact look from light burn BUT only after the top grew out of it, it was obvious light burn took a couple weeks of recovery/growth lto look simular to yours happened after i popped a new DE bulb in, only the two tallest got singed in week 6 of flower, the damage showed up the next day..

10. There's damage on most of the colas near the center

11. Mine have always used more water right up until the last few days, currently doing a sog (week 8 flower) with 1 & 2gal fabric pots, i could not keep up with watering so i built a sip after reading about the ghetto sip here on grasscity been dumping two gal a day in each sip, let your plants tell you how much water they need either pot lift or finger poke but when they quit gulping water and start looking spent your trichromes will also tell you its time..

• Like Like x 1
  12. My calaxes were also damaged from light burn,your look great, had some heat stress that caused some yellowing but i honestly have never experienced tops like yours except from light stress (uv bulb), well i had a plant hermie and it threw scads of little yellow "tongues" 3 failed grows to get her past week 8 hermied everytime.. hopefully someone will chime in....