Light and other questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pushinluck, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

First off, I want to thank the forum community for the wealth of information and knowledge I have gained thus far. These forums have been an amazing help.

I am planning to grow one plant for personal use in a cardboard box (2'x3'x4') lined with silver emergency blanket. For circulation I have this attached to an exhaust hole in the top of my box and a intake in the bottom.

1)I have seen a lot of posts on the amount of light needed to grow one plant (100w) but the question I have is, Is more light better? (I am guessing so but can you have too much light?) currently through my tests I have 8 26w cfl bulbs making 208w with this I can keep the box at room temperature. Is this to much light or am I wasting time and will end up with the same result if I only used 100w?

2)I would like more info for the lighting schedule. With CFL's do I use 24/7 from sprout to the end of veg? Or do I switch to 18/6 after a week of the seed sprouting?

3)I was thinking of using LST to grow my plant sideways from one corner of the box to the other and back. My thought is this way I can keep all parts of the plant close to the same height allowing more light to reach all areas. When I have no more room to go horizontally I will start the flowering phase. Does this sound feasible?

Thanks in advance for all information.

2. more light is good.

get rid of the silver..it can burn the plant. white paint or mylar.

run 24/0 for the entire veg stage

and lst is a good idea where there is limited space