Light and Dark question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 638051, Dec 11, 2013.

1. It's too cold to grow out in the shed as planned and the space heater costed me over $100 to run last month. 
    I had to move everything into the house. The plants are much happier now.
    But now I have to figure out what to do about space. A couple of them are good to flower now, but I don't want to flower all the plants at once. So while I'm figuring this out, I came up with a question. Exactly how dark does it have to be? Will the TV or computer monitor in the bedroom be too much light for the 12 hour dark period? How dark is "dark"?

2. absolutely no light, they will go hermie on you, take forever to flower and low yield, they may stay in veg if to much light gets to them

3. Yes complete Darkness

4. How big is your room? Do you have the skill set to build a grow tent? Another option would be buying new grow tent(s) to put your ladies in. How many plants you have? How many females do you plan to flower? How many plants do you want to veg?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. How big is your room?
    Currently, plants are in the bathroom in my bedroom. It's a very small bathroom, about 5'x4' plus a shower about 2.75'x3'. Toilet and sink take up half the space.
    Originally they were in the shed out in the back yard, but growth almost "stopped" due to cold temps. Then a space heater made a world of difference. But that was my bad. I know space heaters draw a lot of current, but just didn't register in my meager mind how much it would turn out to be. I might end up without power over this. Wife and I are learning to share the main bathroom in the hallway with the rest of the family.

Do you have the skill set to build a grow tent?
    I like to think so. I have tools and brain cells to screw 2x4's, or glue PVC, together and cover it with wood and or tarp. But don't have money for building materials. I am literally collecting aluminum cans to buy gas. I've been disabled for 2 years now, and been working on a disability claim for about a year now. By all logic, we should be living in the car. I don't know where luck is gonna come from next. 

Another option would be buying new grow tent(s) to put your ladies in.
    I wish through the catalogs all the time, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

How many plants you have?
    All together, about 30. In my bathroom. Visual picture now?
    Many in 1.5 gallon buckets ready for transplant. A couple 7 gallon pots, and so far 5 in 15 gallon pots. I gave away 6 in SOLO cups, tossed out 4 in SOLO cups, and I still have 6 in SOLO cups. I still have some soil to mix, but I'm out of perlite. So I haven't been transplanting to keep up.

How many females do you plan to flower?
    I'd like to flower all the females, but I'd like to do it maybe 2 at a time.

How many plants do you want to veg?
    As soon as I find out they are female, I'd like to keep them all in veg until I'm ready to flower the next 2.

I have to admit, this is all the result of ignorant planning. As a noob I fucked up and I'm having a hard time coming to terms with destroying potential females.
    I pollinated a female bagseed for a supply of seeds, but had problems in flower with mold and finally rot. I harvested early to salvage what I could and ended up with a ton of seeds. Most of them looked premature and very light colored, and I wasn't expecting too many to germinate. I threw a small handful into a shot glass of water and to my surprise, a good 90% sprouted. Had to just throw away about half the glass. I figured I could grow them until I was able to see presex, and pull all the males, and by then end up with maybe a dozen or so good female plants. But for whatever the reason, these are taking much longer than their mother and father to show their presex. 
    I currently have 4 positively identified females between 2 and 3 feet tall. My smoke stash is getting very small, so I'd like to get 2 of them flowered and keep the rest vegging if possible. Trying to figure out how to handle this, I was just wondering if an LED TV or computer monitor would emit enough light to mess up the flowering process if I moved 2 plants from the bathroom to the bedroom. I may have no choice but to flower everything at once.
    Other than temporarily exceeding my legal limit until all the males are culled, stealth is not a concern.

Thanks for asking.