Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lifting Weights While High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EnjoiKush, May 30, 2013.

1. Anybody else do this? I like to smoke a good sativa and hit the gym. My heads more clear, music sounds better, and my lifts just feel better.

basically it puts me in the zone. Anybody else agree?

2. cannabis tends to relax the muscles so I doubt it makes for better performance in the gym. However, after the gym it helps to fascilitate the growth of the muscle through relaxation and faster recovery time. Never puffed before going to the gym though.

3. This belongs in the fitness section, and there are many threads like it :p

I find that smoking before lifting benefits me a small bit with reps, but not max weight. Since my muscles are more relaxed I can get a couple more reps in usually on some sets. I'm also super focused on my form. But I also find that once my workout is over, I feel WAY more tired than if I hadn't smoked. Like instant-naptime tired.

I hate cardio, but weed helps me zone out so I don't notice how far I'm going which can make 10 minutes of running feel like nothing....then it hits you and you're like "damn I'm an olympian" lol

4. I used to do that. But it ruined my buzz. I would not have the energy to lift weights while stoned. So I went to the movies and ate popcorn instead.

5. Gives me awesome mind-muscle connection, which allows me to lift safer, more effectively, and heavier.

6. I feel weaker when baked so I wait till after lifting, some of my friends are the opposite though.  

7. Never. I always burn after. If I burn before, I find that I can't do the exercises like bench presses, squats, or barbell rows with as heavy as a weight that I need. But burning after is a fucking treat. Sometimes I'll roll a blunt before I get to the gym, then I'll spark it immediately after my workout :smoke:  

8. The one thing I can't do while high:  Gym (note, I didn't say your mom...).