Lifespan of your lighters?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by dropinbiking, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Well I just lit a bowl, and realized I've had this same Bic that I got on boxing day. That seems like quite a while for me, because I do use it all day everyday.

So my question, how long do your lighters last you?

I'm talking about Bics, not cheap lighters, not butane lighters, just your average Bic.

Any tricks to making your lighters last longer?

I've found that tilting the lighter past a certain angle when lit drains the pressure out of the lighter, so it will die sooner, with still some fluid left.

Also, do you guys remove the safety from them? I do, I find it lights easier, and is easier on the hands.

2. I wish I knew, my lighters are either lost or stolen before they run out

3. I can last up to 2 months with a lighter, closter to 1 when I still smoked cigs.

I always have like 5 though, just so I have a backup, and a backup backup lol.

4. ^It always seemed to me that lighters last longer lighting cigs, it's just a quick flick to get it lit. Bowls take a couple more seconds to get cherried, just my experience.

Having a backup, and a backup backup comes in handy haha. I've dropped one in the snow and had to wait for it to dry off, had no backup :(

5. Everytime i party they get tiefed or i just leave them around so maybe like 2 ish weeks each

6. Haha yeah, but lighting cigs and bowls is double duty on the lighters.

I buy a 5 pack 2 times a year and im good to go.

7. mine definitely last at least 1 year.

8. Considering the fact that 90% of my lighters get pocketed from friends/strangers..

I'd say an average of 3-5 days..

9. Lighter theft seems to be pretty common. Any tips to help avoid that?

I know pink and white lighters tend to get pocketed less, anything else?

I just try not to let people use my lighter it somebody else has one, I'll say it's almost dead or something like that.

10. They sell this thing called a "lighter leash" at the gas station for $2.00. It's got a retractable cord you attatch to the lighter and other side to your keys, or pants if u wanna look like a total douchebag

11. I buy packs of 6 mini bics off amazon for like £2 and they last a month or two so for £4 I have lighters that last all year :)

12. That's a good question. I have always been pretty impressed with how long a BIC actually does last. Never been able to keep the same one long enough at one time to see. I was going through my box of stuff my wife keeps for things from my pocket and I found 25 bics lol. I am terrible for accidentally stealing them from my friends and family. I don't even mean to do it. My grandma watches me like a hawk if I have to borrow hers now, its pretty funny.

13. not get so fucking high, lol. i just forget after a bowl.

14. 4 -5 months

and I smoke 1 - 2 blunts daily.

15. That lighter I posted about that I've had since boxing day just died tonight.

I could probably get a few lights if I pop the metal off, but mehh.

So that's just over 6 weeks. Not bad

16. i keep so many lighters that i tend to end up using a different one every time i put one down i have about 7 now so i dunno they last me a long long time

17. A couple of months or so assuming they don't get 'lost' or anything. I started using hemp wick and that cuts down on lighter usage, and tastes much better :D

18. Usually a few months cuz i use hempwick for the most part .. I don't lose lighters cuz mine have a built in gps :cool:

19. #19 SmokeTreees, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    I can make a lighter last like around 2 months on the longest, and that's the lighter I been usin now. Normally I either lose them bitches or they get stolen but this one's been a keeper. I think I've only had one bic run out on me n I'm sure it was one a friend had lent me that I just used for a while haha.

20. Hemp wick is the SHIIIT! I need to go pick me up a giant roll, not sure if the shitty small smoke shop would sell it in my town, or I would have to drive the hour to Liquid Chrome?