Life Unworthy of Life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by NuclearGuru, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Is this a valid viewpoint when dealing with certain individuals?

2. Don't you think it would be totally subjective to whom and about whom?...The circumstances, like a court case or something?

Perhaps, one individual that feels that way about another may have millions that feel that way about him. Then we would, if all could see fit to make that decision on their own, kill each other with reckless abandon.

3. Include everybody if you come to this conclusion.

No one deserves to live.

But we do live.

4. -"youth is wasted on the young"
    -"i'd take it further: life is wasted on people"
    mr greensberg

5. If someone decreases other peoples' levels of happiness in the long-run, they do not deserve to live.

6. If those people allow one individual to control their happiness do they deserve to live?

7. Yes they deserve to live, but be unhappy. If their happiness is controlled and they do not get out of that, it is their own fault. But the person causing the unhappiness of the other is at fault. They should not be doing that. And if they do cause unhappiness, they need to eventually make up for it.

8. What if doing what he is doing makes him happy?

9. Or yet, what if it makes him and a lot more people happy? Is there a limit to like weigh it out? Which group? Numbers of both?

10. The instigator or the recipient?

11. sometimes its not within peoples' means to rise up and control their own life. not often, but sometimes. slaves come to mind.

12. and an addendum...What if those people the one was aking unhappy were making even a lot more people unhappy who could not defend themselves. Then is the one who make the oppressive group unhappy an instigator or a liberator?

13. you guys are making this far more complicated than it needs to be...

14. no. we, as humans, are not fit to decide what gets to live.

15. I would say this is the most appropriate answer.

The instigator is wrong because he is causing unhappiness for others, but the others are just as wrong for allowing their personal emotions to be controlled by outside sources in spite of their free will. They are two sides of the same coin so if one doesn't deserve life neither deserves life and vice versa.

To look at it from our perspective none of us deserve life, but when you look at it from above (metaphorically speaking) the fact that we are here shows that we all deserve life. We're all subject to our environment, and we all make up each others environment, I'm the cause for why everyone is the way they are and everyone else is the cause for why I am the way I am so how can we pass judgement to say who deserves life and who doesn't.

16. yeah..prolly.;)...Just love discussion is all.:hello:

17. Why is it not within their means? In American slavery there were many who rose up, and though they were defeated, the fact that they rose up proves that anyone else could have done the same. The truth of the matter is people are just unwilling to rise up.

18. This is the philosophy section.

19. Then he is deriving happiness from bringing unhappiness upon others, and therefore he has bad habits.