Life Problems - Help/Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by THawk, Jan 24, 2012.

1. LONG HEARTFELT READ AHEAD; Read and help with an honest opinion if you like, no cliffnotes.

Prologue; The maturity level of this post may seem a little low, because this seems like a stupid problem to have... I apologize in advance.

Howdy,

I just started hanging out with Mary Jane when a ex-friend randomly brought her out at the end of last year. (September 2011, I was 18, 19 now) A few weeks after that day, I had my own bong, two pipes, a chillum and plenty of close friend dealers to hold me over for quite some time. By New Years I was pretty much consistently high. (Excluding work) I've always had an obsessive personality, and man is weed fucking good!

However, I said I should stop for the new year, because I am planning on joining the Army near the end of this year. (September 2012) So I said I will finish the stash I had at the time (because I paid for it, might as well use it), and then I'll be done.

It's been three days since I finished my stash, and I don't like it one bit. Am I doing the right thing? Surely I shouldn't give up on my career for a plant right? Even if it's the best plant in existence. Then I have this saying ALL of my friends know me for, "You only live life once." (Getting it tattooed actually) According to that saying, the saying I live my life by, I should do what makes me happy. MARY JANE MAKES ME HAPPY. A career would probably make me happier in the long run obviously, but the military means I can pretty much never smoke weed again until I retire. (Planning on 30 years) This is quite the conundrum.

I'm 19, still live with my parents, part-time stock lead at a retail store, don't make enough to sustain myself on my own (Not even close), 3.0 GPA, will have my Associates (2 year) degree by summer. Don't think I could get into a college with those grades, nor do I really want to go to school again. Also, I don't know what I want to do with my life, college would probably lead to AROTC then the Army again anyway...

One tiny spec on my record, but I'm still a criminal. One misdemeanor, not at all a representation of who I am, just a stupid mistake, my 30 year Army hardcore strict father didn't raise me to be a shithead, just desperate for friends and made the wrong ones, but I take responsibility for my actions. However, that record stops me from being a Firefighter, Paramedic, Nurse, and a few other avenues in life I could take. (Can't really smoke weed with those either anyway) So I am really stuck! It's the Army, or keep living at home wasting my life. Literally wasting a perfectly healthy life, no sex, no friends, just workout, go to work, go home, repeat. I want to do the Army, I'm not being forced, it's just I'm going to miss out on MJ for the rest of my life pretty much.

Thoughts? Join and make Miss Jane a permanent ex-gf, never looking back, Or...?

Thanks guys,
    T-Hawk

P.S. (Yes I know I used () a lot, it's a problem. Ha ha)
    P.S.S. Since I know all of you are going to ask, my misdemeanor was Shoplifting, lowest degree, <$100. Completely clean record otherwise, even tickets.

2. Not sure how much it helps, but I know quite a handful of guys that are dating Mary in the military. Just gotta wait till after basic.

The only reason they haven't been booted though I think us that they were infantry in the Army. No one cares what you do as infantry, cause they are basically being sent out to die anyway.

3. Dude, it's weed. Join the Army. Move away. Make money.

You'll seen realize how worthless weed is when you're making yourself happy without it

4. I have a few friends who smoked weed everyday & were essentially perma baked haha but they joined the Army & did the same as you.

in fact one of my friends even smoked up until the last week. He did a detox and blah blah blah but anyways long story short you can make it happen. You may not need weed, and if the Army is more important to you and you truly want to do it than make it happen!

You'll miss MJ but if you enjoy what you're doing in the Army you'll be able to move on.

I'm 18 but I made myself a promise that if by this time next year if I'm not happy with what i'm doing/not doing shit, than i'll go into the Army (I'd be 19 too, thought that was kinda funny lol). My dad was in the Army too and he was a druggie rebel kid but he didn't have anything going for him either so he joined. so really its all about what you want.

Good luck, hope you feel a lil better? haha

5. I'd rather not take the chance. My close friend is dating the guy in charge of the random testing at the base near me, and I still won't do it. If I join, that's it.

:hello: Thank you. Exactly what I needed.

I know what would make me feel better, but that also happens to be the problem. Ha ha. :smoke:

For some reason I feel like it's a cop out to join the Army, another friend even pointed that out to me today. Like I'm joining because I have nothing else to do. That is no way for a person to choose a career, inexcusable. I'm only slightly interested, but nothing else peaks my interest as much as the Army does.

Maybe weed just seems better now that I can't have it. I just wish I got bored of weed before I had to join. Ha ha. Make everything easier.

6. I joined the Navy because I have nothing else to do. And because I wanted to. Theres nothing wrong with the military, do whatever you want to do

7. Alright dude you want the solution to all your problems?

1. Go to your local Wallyword and purchase the best melon you can find.
    2. Proceed to heat it to a temperature that you would consider warm to the touch.
    3. Then Cut a hole in said melon about one in. in length and approximately 1/8inch in w.
    4. Head to a more private environment
    5. Insert your member into the melon and thrust rapidly
    6. ???
    7. (food * happiness) = profit