Life on other planets. Whats your opinion?

Discussion in 'General' started by PurpleOnyx, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I'm sure there are ones that look like that all the way to ones that look like this. Have one of these things suck you off:

[​IMG]

2. anyone who says there is no life on other planets I immediately walk away from in disgust.

personally, I'm a believer of the whole 'Jesus was an alien' theory but I rarely share that with people because people are sensitive and dumb.

3. LOL I would love to hear more about your theory, please, do tell.

4. out of all the planets of all the galaxies in the universe it is foolish to belive we are the only form of intelligent life out there

5. It's pretty widespread actually. The idea that ancient encounters with Gods were actually crude interpretations of visits from aliens. At least I think that's what we're talking about...

Definitely some crazy stuff; it's pretty weird to see how different groups of people from all over the world came up with similar ideas about the Gods before they could even communicate or interact with one another.

Back to the whole life on other planets thing... They probably look pretty crazy, and they probably have a whole different set of senses for gathering information. I mean, we share 50% of our DNA with fucking bananas. Just imagine what you can do with 100%.

6. Who says they see light in our visible spectrum?n who says they have eyes at all. The universe is much more beautiful in ever other spectrum than our visible. Who says they have male and female. Who says they are carbon based. that's the most exciting thing ANYTHING is possible out there. I'm stating that fact on the idea of probability alone. If you follow laws of math it is guaranteed there is another out there like us.

7. [quote name='"thatbakedbitch"']anyone who says there is no life on other planets I immediately walk away from in disgust.

personally, I'm a believer of the whole 'Jesus was an alien' theory but I rarely share that with people because people are sensitive and dumb.[/quote]

Anyone who says Jesus was an alien i would walk away in disgust. And might ask them when was the last time they took their zyprexa.

8. This. Is. True.

And what if THEY (or some of THEY) are out of sight from OUR visible spectrum?

9. People who deny aliens as not only likely but even as a possibility are just blind if you ask me. There are billions of solar systems in our galaxy alone, never mind the billions and billions of other galaxies in THIS universe. It would be ignorant to assume that there is no other life in this universe.

10. [quote name='"Easy Going"']

Their energy will transform onto something else. What do you think will happen? God will judge the fly and ask him what he did in his 24 hours of life to let him go into heaven?[/quote]

No I am an atheist and I believe that this is all the life that we have, I should have been more clear. From a creationist point of view though, I do find that to be a narrow minded idea. I don't see why animals wouldn't have the right to go to an "eternal paradise" just because they aren't human. I would think that highly intelligent animals at least would have a chance, like dolphins. And why shouldn't a fly be judged for his 24 hours? I'd assume you think that babies that only live shortly after birth would still be judged and eligible for heaven. I realize that's not the greatest comparison, please forgive me.

But basically what you're telling me that all life, other than that of a human, completely ends with death? Or reincarnation, I'm not sure if you meant physical energy or more along the lines of spirits. We must be lucky sons of bitches either way.

11. Personally the mystery of space is the only thing that makes me want to keep living, especially with what we as a species have discovered during our short time of exploration. Too bad Barrack Insane Obama took part in fucking it up by cutting NASA's budget. With the discovery of all of these extra-solar planets who knows what we might find. I wish life was like in Cowboy Bebop where we could inhabit different parts of the solar system. Hopefully it won't be long.

12. [quote name='"cranegame"']

No I am an atheist and I believe that this is all the life that we have, I should have been more clear. From a creationist point of view though, I do find that to be a narrow minded idea. I don't see why animals wouldn't have the right to go to an "eternal paradise" just because they aren't human. I would think that highly intelligent animals at least would have a chance, like dolphins. And why shouldn't a fly be judged for his 24 hours? I'd assume you think that babies that only live shortly after birth would still be judged and eligible for heaven. I realize that's not the greatest comparison, please forgive me.

But basically what you're telling me that all life, other than that of a human, completely ends with death? Or reincarnation, I'm not sure if you meant physical energy or more along the lines of spirits. We must be lucky sons of bitches either way.[/quote]

There is no paradise. We wont be physical beings to have something like a "paradise". Besides paradise is subjective. Once we die and ascend in energy form, we live in the objective.

All life has energy and that energy will evolve after death.

13. Can I ask where you live? Because I already have a pretty damn good idea...

God is not real. The church is a scam. Are you telling me the priests that molest young children go to heaven? Ha, the church hides them and switches them to other churches, just so they could all do it over again, sick, vicious cycle of child abuse. The Church is corrupt.

But, on topic, I would bet my life that there is other beings out there.. I mean, iMprepex just showed everyone the math, it just has to be possible. Personally, I feel like we're going to have some crazy invention that will help us find aliens, because technology is growing exponentially.. and we're about to hit an explosion in crazy shit I just feel it.

By 2050, I think people will scoff at us old folk for using laptops and tablets and phones (sorta how our generation feels about those bulky ass cell phones from the 90's, lmgdao). I can't wait to see what the future holds though, that's for sure! :hello:

14. Do I believe there is life of any kind out there somewhere? Of course. Do I believe in God? No.

But I also think people are being a little too harsh here. If you don't want someone to cram their beliefs down your throat, you shouldn't try to cram yours either. These topics always lead into some huge religious debate, well, fuck that, just say what ya need to say and move the hell on. No need to get hot-headed and bash other blades over something they believe. Don't know if this makes any sense or not because i'm blazed but ya know..jus sayin.

15. [quote name='"Easy Going"']

There is no paradise. We wont be physical beings to have something like a "paradise". Besides paradise is subjective. Once we die and ascend in energy form, we live in the objective.

All life has energy and that energy will evolve after death.[/quote]

May I ask what religion you follow? I grew up as a Catholic and I was always under the impression that heaven was a paradise. I agree that paradise is subjective and one thing I could never understand was how heaven could be so blissful if loved ones that rejected Christ were in hell for an eternity of suffering. I don't mean to diss your religion in case that's what it seems like, I'm just curious because it doesn't seem like you have a very Christian idea of heaven, or perhaps I interpreted it differently. Feel free to pm instead of reply through this thread in the interest of getting the thread back on topic.

16. Religion... :confused_2: :laughing:

17. Their allready around us.. And that's all I can say

18. Lol how do religious people even think? It baffles me, like do you just choose to completely disregard certain scientific facts and logic.

Like all this evidence on how the earth first started off and slowly evolved with plants and just evolved up
    And do Mormons just full on say, no this research with well stated scientific facts and evidence, written by top people in the science industry are wrong, clearly this bible written by a fucking cave man 1000 years ago is a better source of info

19. [quote name='"Easy Going"']Doubt it.

God made us to enjoy Earth. Not to wonder if there is magical creatures in other planets with "life".[/quote]

How selfish are you as a human being to attempt to believe that we are the only living things in the universe?

Personally, I believe that there is life out there. In an infinite universe, there has to be.

There is an equation called The Drake Equation that you can use to find an estimate of how many planets there are with life in the Milky Way.

Find it here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation#section_2