Life lesson learned through weed.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Iceni Toker, Mar 22, 2009.

1. #1 Iceni Toker, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    I've been smoking basicly every night now for the past 2 years or so. Over the past few months i've notice depression starting to creep in for no apparent reason, I just couldn't figure out why I was constantly so depressed.
    Well today whilst sitting at home with the flu I got thinking and I think i've finally got to the roots of my depression. I've realised the reason why i've been down is because i've just been so bored with life, smoking in the evening was the only thing I looked forward to and this made me see the daytime as just somthing I have to get through just to smoke weed in the evenings.
    Then when I got used to getting high in the evenings, nothing became exciting, i'd make myself think the day is complete shit then when I get home I havn't even got an enjoyable high to look forward to because it had just become the norm and I didn't appreciate it anymore.
    Anyway, now i've realised why i've been so bored and depressed recently I can start on making myself better and i've done that by learning to apreciate the day for what it is and to be happy to be alive and never to take weed for granted. Rather than make all my happiness rely on beinng able to get high in the evening, I should be happy with life anyway and see weed as an addition to this great life that just makes it even better. So I supose what i've learned is don't take weed or life for granted, learn to enjoy them both for what they are and let them compliment each other, I still smoke every night but now I can look forward to it again and be happy even if I don't get high some evenings. This never used to be true, if a few days ago I had to go a night without bud I wouldn't have known what to do, I would have been pissed off and depressed to the max all the way through the day knowing I wasn't getting high that evening. All I can say is don't fall into a blinding hole of depression and dispair by taking everything for granted, wether it's your general life or weed, just remember that if you stop appreciating it your gunna wonder what you have left to appreciate which is a horrible feeling.
    Also just remember that even if you have a terrible day ahead of you don't let it get you down, all emotions a based on how you percieve a situation so it's up to you to put yourself in a good mindset. Depression isn't a direct result of unfavourable events happening to you, it's just how you percieve them. We have a lot more power over our own minds than we realise. And now I have EVERY DAY to look forward to and enjoy AS WELL AS a nice bong hit in the evening! I'm the happiest i've been in months!:hello::hello::smoking::D

2. inspiring +rep

3. Exact same thing happened to me bro. Word for word, you basically just described my experience too. As a junior in college, it's tough and awfully stressful sometimes and that also didn't help my depression. I found that loving the day, embracing it, flowing with life, thinking deep thoughts, seeking higher meanings, and acceptance have all made me get through everyday AND toking every night. It makes weed so much better, too, when you have a good frame of mind (obviously).

4. Isn't being happy all that life's about anyways? +rep.

5. So true...whenever I think I have it bad, I always think of how it could be worse (think starving kids in Africa). Just stay positive.

6. my next bong hit goes out to you.

7. Yeah.... But the problem arises when the root of your depression is not your own suffering, but the suffering of others. There is that kind of depression too, you know.

8. I went through almost the same thing but i just realized how much I love my family and that kind of stuff too and since that DXM epiphany ive been getting by very easily and i can easily go without smoking and stuff for days. weed is no longer a crutch but now is fun!

9. Dude went through the same deal good thinking

10. That came from the heart, goodwrite up

11. That is so true, that alot dude you just made me realize how great my life is. :)

12. same thing happend to me but with chronic masterbation

13. Yeah I went throught that too, I just cut my hand off and glued my dick.

And woah, thread from the dead!