life is so fuckin ironic.. the way things get complicated...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RetarrrdedTexas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. i'm gonna try not to write a wall of text so i'm gonna keep it simple as possible....

so, i'm a single dad, been single for about 2 years, have 2 daughters with my ex, we share custody, get along fine now, both moved on, all that....

now the prob, i'm just now getting like completely back on my feet emotionally after she ripped my heart out, well, i met a new girl, she's perfect really, beautiful, smart, driven, INDEPENDENT.... but it sucks.. its like i can't discipline myself to devote any of my attention to her whatsoever... im like totally selfish now when it comes to relationships..she bitched at me the other day because i told her i would call her later in the day and i ended up hanging with some other friends and staying gone all weekend... like right now, i havent talked to her in a couple days, her first day of classes was today, like me, didnt see her at school and now....meh.. i dont even wanna bother talking on the phone...

meh, just a rant... the whole like last year, since i've been over my ex, and back kinda dating around and shit i've been wishing for a girl like this.. and then bam, i find a good one... and i'm like subconciously cockblocking (not literally, i hit that already) myself....

2. I started to respond before I read the whole thing..

First off, no one cares that you "hit that already".

But, I suggest you seek professional help and get some counseling. You seem to be very depressed.

Good luck .. I'm sure your girls would love a good lady around too.

3. depressed? nah, like the opposite, i actually take an SSRI, started taking it after i was depressed, from our split, that completely turned my life around, let me start living life again.. and that's kinda the problem, i have SO MUCH going on right now i cant make time for this girl... but i actually like her, i've told her this, she knows this.. i just dont want to hurt her, give her the wrong impression that i DONT enjoy her time... maybe i just need to let her know i wanna take it super super slow from here on, just because i'm so busy...

4. Whatever you want to believe...

5. Lifes not ironic, ur just weird:smoke:

6. either you want to spend time with the bitch or you don't. there are 7 days in the week...

7. I understand how you feel towards the girl, man, or at least I think I do. I'm not a father or anything, but after I had broken up with a girl that meant the world to me, I met another a while later, and.. she's amazing, aye. Just the kindest soul you would ever meet. And I really liked her, I wanted to give her everything I had, but I just couldn't.

I'm not sure what the answer is, thought, mate. Time, probably.

8. Plan ahead man. Set dates a week or two in advance, take a half hour out of 3 days of the week to phone her up and chat. Once that time has been set aside at the scheduled times you will either be with her or alone. If she is everything you say I'm sure you'd much rather be with her.

9. Commit or quit leading her on

10. i guess this is what i have to do...

it sucks, that old saying "it's really not you, it's me"

i thought that was always a BS way to get out of a relationship, but that's actually the truth at the moment..

11. #11 CamelBack, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    Careful unless you want to lose her.
    This whole rant sounds so lame, if it's something you need to change.

12. You obviously don't like as much as you keep saying. If you truly liked her you would make time for her. Not to be hostile, but it is guys like you that give decent guys a bad name.

You are leading her on as stated above. You need to make up your mind.

13. this happend to me to i just cant open up enough to have a relationship right now im gonna stay low key till im rdy you should tell the girl how your really feeling and however she reacs is it..

14. #14 BlowTreeAllDay, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
    Lol you're not depressed but you take an SSRI? Right....

Life isn't ironic or complicated, people just think too hard about things and make situations out to be more than what they actually are

And nothing in your post was ironic or complicated anyway

15. I know right.. I was trying to help too, what a joke.