Life is so dull...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Space Cat, Jun 29, 2013.

1. So, I pretty much have the most boring life ever. I never do anything fun. I don't have anything to look forward to, no goals and no good friends.

I do have some days that are amazing and really fun but those are few and far between.

I graduated like a month ago. Didn't go to graduation or have a grad party and not going to college. First 2 weeks like the most boring time of my life cause the few friends I had were still in school and I would wake up at 7 everyday and wait for them to come home.

Working a full time job now. I enjoy it. I make pretty good money for being 18 outta HS. But I don't really spend much money. Only things I buy are fast food and gas and a few things here and there.

I dislike most of my family. I don't have any 'real' friends that I can just chill with and do whatever. Except maybe one but he's hard to get a hold of and death gripped by the balls from his GF. Most of my other friends are through skating/biking because thats my main hobby and pretty much only fun thing I do.

But we never hang out outside of skating or do anything else. No one else texts me or hits me up to do anything. Stopped smoking weed like 3 months ago for jobs. Hopefully starting again soon.

So yea, I don't do shit, I have no goals and no life plans. I don't have any friends outside my main hobby and never try/see new things. It's seriously same shit different day for me and it's getting pretty depressing.

I'm just sitting here eating cup noodles typing this shit out. Ranting and want to hear others opinions on how to get out of this slump.

tl;dr: read the first line

:wave:

2. This is the only problem I see with your life from what you wrote. You can blame it on your surroundings all you want but getting up and doing shit is your decision. Making goals and discovering your possibilities is your choice.

• Like Like x 3
  3. When the fire goes out, it's time to light a new spark.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is that all there is?
    If that's all there is my friend, then let's keep dancing, lets break out the bong and have a ball. If thats all there is.

• Like Like x 1
    Everything you typed out is exactly the same here haha. I literally don't do shit but watch movies, mess around on GrassCity, and smoke weed. The smoking weed sounds like I'm doing "something" but not really. Its really just me texting some asshole middle man who only hooks me up so he can smoke some on my way back home and I know I need to let him smoke some or else I won't have a hook up anymore and then life will suck even worse. The actually buying and smoking session is not fun either. We drive silently to a spot. We buy then we go somewhere to smoke and the entire time we do we just fuckin sit there. I've tried doing shit with these kids but everyone around here are the most boring smokers. They don't talk about trippy shit or do anything. They sit there silently and listen to music. Maybe I'm just different but I love to do shit while I'm high. Not like build a bird house or paint the neighbors car but just talk about deep shit, joke around, and do something besides silently tripping. After that I drive home and ignore texts from the middle man who only wants to hang to smoke more of my shit. 
    I feel your pain OP. You ever get stoned and bored or... Just bored. Message me. Its weird to say this in a "sex, love, and relationships" forum so I need to make sure I let it be known this isn't a gay thing... Just a bored stoner thing haha. 

6. If you keep thinking like that then yeah it's gonna be shitty for the rest of your life.

Do something about it.

7. Hey man that's where I'm at. Just recently came back to live with my parents and sister cause I got fired from my last job for showing up late too much. But I'm joining the Navy as a Nuclear Scientist cause I'm smart as balls (not afraid to say it any more), and recently got hired at my old job (McDonald's) and will move out once I save up some money.

It sounds to me like you're at a spot where you're bored with what is readily available in your life, and will only be satisfied by what you can bring to yourself. So go out and do some shit. Be active. Try new things. You already know that what you've tried isn't bringing you happiness.. so do something different. Remember that Einstein quote?.

Well, I can't paraphrase it when I'm this drunk, but it's basically: doing the same shit repeatedly and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

So mix that shit up!

I understand that. I just don't have any goals because I honestly don't even know what I want in life. I'm not even sure what makes me happy anymore.  I don't want the house with a white picket fence, 2 kids a cat and dog. I'm really un-materialistic so there's nothing I look forward to having or buying in the future.

I just feel like life's over for me. I'm done with school and have a job. 4 years earlier than most people. HS and college seem like the largest goals for most younger people and I pretty much completed that.

Oh yeah I watch a lot of netflix. My best stoner buddy had to quit weed for a while too. We have intellectual trippy conversations when were not high. I'll probably start again In a month or so.

My weed smoking months were fersur some of the greatest times I've had. So many great times and memories. Everything was better then.

Aaha it's not a gay thing at all. I guess this is kinda about my lifestyle, and relationships with people and shit. idk

9. set some goals for yourself and smoke weed every day

i have no friends. well, i used to. i have a lot of acquaintances now. i just get high every day and focus on my goals. no one else matters

• Like Like x 2
  10. Workout. Get money. Get a plan to get more money. Get more money. Get a steady income. Buy a house. A car. All the clothes and video games you want. Then go have fun.

Life is supposed to suck till your mid 20s. Especially if you dont go to college. So just focus on getting financially stable.

Dont chase girls. Dont chase friends. Chase money. All that shit comes with the cash bro.

My friend doesn't like me when I'm not high cause I try to have "intellectual trippy" conversations haha. I'll go on rants and shit but he doesn't like doing that. Well, at least you can be excited for that first hit though. Its been a while so that first hit will feel amazing. 

12. ever think of moving? when youre in a new town/city everything seems like an adventure just because its not your hometown, imo. what about community college? could take like a speech class or a computer class, art class etc. it wont be too much doe, learn some new stuff, and just a way to get out and meet new people and interact. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh god I would love to get out of here. This place is so dead and nothing goes on. No passion for anything. No classy woman and shit to do.

My little motto for my area is, "Downriver, country music, beer and pregnant 14 year olds."

And I dislike all of those.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lol fuck man we have alot in common..i also hate my town too, it is also dead, boring, and stuck in the 50s. I also do nothing at all. This year i have lost all my friends do too them finding new friends and splitting paths. I am also non materialistic and find that chase money bullshit really annoying. Really the only things that make me happy in life are weed/music/graffiti. I just graduated too and am depressed and overweight. Where abouts are you from if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Join the navy or get a girlfriend. Buy a car and save up money to move out. Boom, goals set

16. Lol this is a load of foul smelling horse shit.
    Money =/= happiness.

Yea forreal, I love all three of those. I live in southeast Michigan

Fuck joining any branch of the military or whatever. I considered it, but no. I pretty much know what I wanna do.

I have a car. And about $1500 saved.

Really my only short term goal is modifying my car. And make a skate edit, but that falls through before I even start half the time.

18. Road trip!

Grow it and smoke it... Hopefully.

19. Dude i'm right there with ya. But your phresh outta HS, you can take some time to decide what you wanna do. And if you don't have friends, like i don't, just focus on your work, save your money and even a year down the road you'll be much better off. I don't recommend getting a gf, if she isn't more exciting than you want, you'll just resent her and prolly break up shortly. Plus when you have a gf, she's all you spend your money on. 
    I know half the time when i look at my cash i'm like " whaat the fuck did i just spend my money on?" and usually it's stupid shit, or shit that she needs.

I can spend my money on her because i love her but my wallet hates her.
    And don't think i'm just saying all this about money, but you can open yourself up to more things when you have it. Save for like a moped or nice bike or something and get on some road trips.

And if we lived closer, you would have one more buddy to skate and chill with.

20. get a Xbox.