Life Is Sex

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Mar 23, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Learning to Fly"']Sexual attraction... is an illusion

In this body of flesh, blood, bone, hair and skin, we perceive beauty and charm...

yet the attraction to this illusion does not even last, the very flesh that contributed to the attraction is lost with age.

no, life is not sex.[/quote]

Actually sexual attraction is influenced by a sex hormone, which are called pheromones.. Which is basically smell. So it's not lost with age, or an illusion, it's human nature. Pheromones being set off are what make us wanna mate ! Jus sayin.

2. Life is a little more than sex, life is survival and sex, you must survive to have sex to make babies, and they must survive to have sex to make more babies.

3. The body itself is a temptress/tempter...

To help with that we have what is called self control.

4. [quote name='"Learning to Fly"']

The body itself is a temptress/tempter...

To help with that we have what is called self control.[/quote]

Yes but therefore I have debunked your theory that sexual attraction is an illusion. No illusion, it's simply in our human nature to desire sex.. I mean hey who doesn't like to wooh.

5. I do not desire carnal pleasures..

for I know it is but a illusion to bind yourself to this transcendental world.

By an illusion I mean that they hold no real permanence..

I don't think you understood my first post

There is no theory to debunk..

6. All is impermanent, in a sense illusory, so in that sense sure, sexual attraction is an illusion, but so is everything, so it's not particularly meaningful as a specific statement. Meaningful in the broad context of overall emptiness and impermanence, but this is an over-arching statement of all things.

7. [quote name='"TheJourney"']All is impermanent, in a sense illusory, so in that sense sure, sexual attraction is an illusion, but so is everything, so it's not particularly meaningful as a specific statement. Meaningful in the broad context of overall emptiness and impermanence, but this is an over-arching statement of all things.[/quote]

Ya okay, I see what your saying now. That's a really interesting way to put things, never thought of it like that before. Right on.

8. Comparing Life to Sex? Fascinating but I think I can distinguish and tell of what you are saying basically the two is living for survival as in sex, people fuck for reproduction in producing children to keep continue of their family or to continue the human race but a lot of children are being born numerously especially in other parts of the world where food is scarce and not easily attainable to nurture but Sex is also used as form of relieving stress or in general known for pleasure releasing dopamine to feel good. People want to feel good while their living so why not?

9. I see Will shagging Necessity all the time.

10. Yes, I agree, but that's because that specific will has deemed it, and determined that it is, necessary to act as such... \t\t;)

11. I agree in the biological sense but that's not how we generally live life. Do you eat something thinking "Oh! I'm eating this so that my body can get nutrients and sustain itself" or do you think "I'M SO HIGH AND THESE CHEETOS ARE THE SHIT!"

12. I agree. The male drive is to have sex with woman and reproduce and that's about iy

13. And what of the ones who choose to die virgins, why is there choice in the matter of this.

14. [quote name='"Wildcard23"'] "Oh! I'm eating this so that my body can get nutrients and sustain itself" [/quote]

This is how I process the majority of my decisions on a daily basis. I eat to sustain. I call my parents to maintain. I entertain girls because I desire love. Etc etc etc

15. If you think this mechanically you might be a sociopath... you say that you love though so I guess not. But if you desire love you're not thinking biologically... I don't usually "entertain girls" to reproduce, as a matter of fact I go out of my way to stop reproduction. Don't be a biologically driven fool, always wrap your tool.