life is a harsh reality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dc123, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Life is a harsh reality. But it's beautiful at the same time. Humans are the only beings (that we know of) that can decipher between this. We can actually believe we are making up our own reality because we possess the ability of imagination. No other beings can possibly think the 'reality' they are in, could possibly be not 'reality' at all. That is the fault in humans, but of course that is the thing that makes us humans. I have come to grips on my own mortality lately, and it is something I cannot even wrap my mind around. Even though, I can create my own reality and have the knowledge to imagine my own demise. But the "true" believers go against me, say I am wrong. How can anyone be wrong? Is it their very thoughts that hold me back? Is it their reality? What is reality anyways? Exactly, we will never know. We might, but who is to say that is not an alter reality as well? Life is a harsh reality. But it's beautiful at the same time.

2. #2 DBV, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    Everyone is wrong. Everyone is right. Imagination is our greatest human aspect IMO, but also our greatest downfall. All that matters is doing your right without interfering with others.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp1iShETK_c]‪Sublime Djs With Lyrics‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

3. How is it harsh though?

4. You must have a pretty easy life... be thankful and recognize how difficult some people have it.