Life in Amsterdam! expect frequent updates

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pawlywog, Mar 10, 2010.

1. I say you burn that mutherfucker down :devious:

2. I think this sums up Amsterdam.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SplD_hsRLU4]Stonerville amsterdam - YouTube[/ame]

3. Worth checking local laws Pawly?

I know the wrongful dismissal laws are very different in Europe than the US. Usually have to have been employed for a certain amount of time though.

Sucks if those dicks manage to screw up your whole living abroad deal.

4. hey pawly i just wanted to let you know i've been "silently" reading your thread for a while now. i saw it when you first posted it a year or so ago? it makes me happy knowing that you followed a dream and made it a reality man.

im in a similar position as you. i just graduated high school, in VA actually, and moved to Berlin, Germany. Like you have Dutch nationality, I have German. But I've lived in the states all my life so I don't speak any German. I've only been here for 2 months and you've been in Netherlands close to a year so you've already experienced how hard adjusting to a new life is. you probably still are.

anyway, enough back story, my point is that this is an inspiration man! to everyone who wants to pursue a dream in life! you wanted to experience something new and you went out and did it and you were successful! don't give up man, even if you go through some rough patches with the job or anything else. i think it's the hard shit we go through in life that makes the good stuff that much better

keep your head up man!

5. His computer is broken :p Doesn't sound like shit is going his way at the moment. Hopefully, it will change soon.

6. I hope so...

:love: :love: :love: pawly, :(

7. I'm flying back to the states on tuesday.

after everything went down i started really looking into learning how to blow glass and am pleased to say that i've found someone willing to teach me. i'm probably going to either have this thread closed or have the title changed to the life and times of pawlywog and keep just adding shit as i go. i read through the entired thread again and its nice to be able to go back and reflect on all the memories i have.

i've grown a lot as a person and learned a lot about myself in my time away. through the good and bad you gotta keep going because the day you stop trying might be the day it all changes. no matter where you go you take yourself with you and the grass always seems greener on the other side.

i'm leaving with every intention of coming back one day. i just need to get a better life situation going before i come back.

i'm gonna miss speaking dutch

8. Jammer, maar ik ben blij dat je het leuk hebt gehad. Je bent wat mij betreft altijd welkom om terug te komen.

9. dankjewel man ik kom zo terug

for sure :)

10. Going back home is never entirely a bad thing.

11. Life is what you make of it brother. You've done far more than most people have at your age and I have so much respect for it. Good luck for everything once you get Stateside again, keep us posted!

12. What about gays? Did u had any experience like a gay trying to get laid with you ?

13. lol! :D

14. Hey, I was considering moving somewhere like amsterdam where it's legal to grow your own weed. I was just wondering if it makes any difference whether or not you're a "tourist" type person or a "resident" type person. I heard some of the news about certain places refusing to sell pot in coffee shops to tourists. Does the same leniency apply to all people when it comes to growing?

15. wish u could send us some seeds LOL glad ur having a blast.. maybe one day b4 i die ill be able to visit the DAM but until then ill just read ur post and dream lol

16. its only sold to dutch people in border towns. amsterdam is still selling to everyone. and as for growing. its legal for 5 plants outside. you won't find the space to grow 5 plants outside in amsterdam unless you have some serious cash flow.

17. Balconies work fine for that. Growing inside is not much of a problem either as long as your energy bill doesn't look too suspicious, which it usually doesn't with just 5 plants.

18. So Jealous dude! I got a question that I always wondered. Are you allowed to smoke some weed at a rave legally in Amsterdam??? Better yet do they sell it at the rave?

19. Damn pawly, just read this whole read this whole thread because of how awesome it was. Sounds like you had a great memories from Amsterdam and it's something you'll never forget. You definitely motivated me to do this before I die, and for that I thank you :D I'm glad you suggested for me to read this, twas a great read :)