Life Changing Experiences

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Michael, Jun 10, 2013.

1. I've had a couple. When I was 17 I flipped my car, rolled twice and landed upside down and the force threw me out my passanger side window, I am incredibly lucky to be alive and it made me look at life very differently. Then having my children, meeting the love of my life.

2. #22 The3amJunkie, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Graduating and actually living in the real world.. All the kids these days parents pay for everything! Its sickening.

When my parents quit giving me money at 16.. They were just trying to prepare me though so i wasnt mad or.anything. Ive had a job since I was 15 though.

Another is when i started working with mentally disabled people and brain injuries.. Made me appreciate life so so so much more.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

My mom has a brain injury. Put's things in a different perspective.

My NDE changed my life. So did that one time when I talked to myself. I was just that damn cool. :cool:

4. Failed to commit suicide when I was fifteen. Spent a summer in the Peruvian Amazon. Hitchhiked across Australia.

I'd say those are my top three.

5. Smoking Marijuana for the first time during some difficult situations, its changed my life for the absolute better

6. Posting an ad on craigslist to work on a farm in northern California. Flying alone to meet with complete strangers to work for a month growing to make money.

7. I almost died today. I was riding my bike and went to turn around. Bam chevy 1500 coming at me about 50 mph. Man all i could think was "shit this is how it ends". I got lucky and i went one way and he swerved the other. I don't believe in god in the traditional sense but something was looking out for me.

8. some final destination type shit lol

9. Graduating high school
    Failing a course in high school
    Near death experiences
    Divorce of my parents
    First relationship

There are a lot lol... 

10. Interacting with people I love, while baked. Nothing better.

11. Tripping on certain unmentionable fungi.

12. Lucy

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #33 Pinhead Larry, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    When i was 21 i stole my dads car 'cause i thought it would be a laugh and i drove around the block a few times before running over this guys dog, who precoded to flip a poo and chase after me. So i was bookin' it as fast as i could so i dont get caught, i planned on dumping the car in some river and say i was out at my mates all day. Well i'm swerving and i cant quite reach the brake pedal and i didn't know what the fuck a gear stick did at the time so i'm in like 1st gear all the time and shit, and just to make matters worse the feds pull out behind me and tell me to pull over, so i keep drving, shitting my pants all the way, to the river hoping i can just bail. About 5 blocks from the river i crash into the back of some guys car, and the feds pull up behind me and begin walking over, guns drawn and shit, they shout at me telling me to get out the car and get down on the floor, so i do. once i step out the car however, they realise that i'm just a kid a put their guns away, and after a massive lecture they say they are taking me back home. We turn up at my house and my mom and dad are waiting outside, my mom thinks i'm on drugs or something and my dad's drunk as fuck laughing at me and i'm like wtf anyways the police let me off cause my dad didnt press charges, but my mom on the other hand, still thinking i was on drugs and/or a gang member got scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air"

14. meeting the love of my life :)

15. oh also

when i got poison ivy all over my genitals when i was 9, fucking AWFUL

16. In no particular order:

Graduating high school then going to college.

Joining the service and a deployment.

Losing my first (real) girlfriend and a best friend.

Getting sent to a reform school when I was 13 for two years, then getting out.

Smoking weed became my hobby and lifting weights (health and nutrition) became my passion so I consider it equally important in certain aspects.

17. #37 Kush cookies, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Gotta be sitting in a cell at the age of 15 being charged with 2 counts of theft by housebreaking and 2 counts of forced entry, then being led into the interview room where I had never seen my mum cry so hard in my life, at that point I realised if I can make my mum feel that bad I must be such a low life, after that I got myself some new mates started smoking gods gift, which kept me indoors Away from trouble and turned my life around... It took along time to regain my mums trust but it is now as strong as ever.