Life After Death.?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PussyMoneyWeed, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Ive thought maybe a lil too much about this ... Is there a heaven or hell? some type of life out of the physical body? Or just nothing, u die and there is nothing else to it?

2. Death is simply another state of existence, the aware part of ourselves never ceases to exist, regardless of the disintegration of the ego.

3. Try doing a search for this topic. You'll receive a ton of info, should you choose to delve into the many opinions shared here :)

4. The life after death experience cannot be explained in just 2 or 3 lines. The only thing i can say in short is that yes there is a life beyong death.But it all depends on your karma's.So just do good deeds and be relax.

5. Oh, this is one of those threads.  :mellow:

6. #6 Luvs2splooj, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
    There is in a way. Everything you know as you dies, your body/memory. Your consciousness goes to the collective one. It is everything that is, and you become part of it.

Think of it like this
    Our bodies are like empty glasses, the universe fills each glass from it's pool(of consciousness). When we die, our glass goes away and we rejoin with the pool.

7. If we join the pool again .. then do we get set off another body at a certain point of time ? all these things make sense but yet so many questions go un answered 

8. Perhaps what we call our individual consciousness is not the only way we experience ourselves, but it is still a real thing in and of itself regardless. Therefore, as some might say, the individual consciousness always exists individually, so nothing is ever lost, and the idea of a merging, could be more like a returning, so that what has been gained during this life is added to what is the source of our consciousness. Individuality isn't lost, it changes, transforms, blends, into what isn't needed as 'we' experience life. Whether you or I, as we currently know ourselves to be, remain in the state of consciousness we currently experience seems unlikely, because much of who we are is made up of the result of our experience, which, if you accept the idea of having done all this many times before, would make no sense that the current one would have more reality over the previous ones. If a thing like that is true, then what we are, who we are, is so much more than who we currently think we are, and we wouldn't want to limit ourselves anymore than we already do.

9. I doubt what is after our mortal death is anything like what anyone would expect, after all how can it be. Yes, however, I do believe there is something, be it spiritual existence, mortal, or something we could not imagine I don't know, nor does it matter, as we have no control over it as humans.

10. #10 Luvs2splooj, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
     In a way. The environment, everything around you(not just the physical stuff you can touch), is that pool. Think of your head as a little shell that allows thinking. Or better, think of your head as an antenna and consciousness as wifi. It's not that wifi is trapped in your head, your head just picks it up wherever it goes. The environment is the wifi(consciousness) and your head is the receiver that can make anything of it.
    So when we die we just go back being a part of that one wifi wave. We are literally the universe, we only feel cut off because of the limitations of what we can store in our head.

Think of a whole tree as the entire universe. Think of removing more and more of that tree. The leaves die, the branches fall off, the trunk slowly withers. Eventually, you can only come down to one thing. Think of your body, all you can do is die and disappear. All anything can surely be reduced to is one thing. And even then, the conservation of matter says it can't be created or destroyed. Why? Because we're all one. There are no separate parts, therefore you can't split it into parts.

If any of that made sense.

Watch this if you have any time, even 10 minutes would be ok.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqdcdky9wR4

11. I cant believe in any religon as there is no evidence of there true existance and blind faiths just arnt my thing, but if you look around the unvierse, at animals and evolution it is from intelligent design, in my opinion there is a higher power but its not anything to do with Christianity/Islam/Hinduism or any other religon. maybe the whole universe is a living thing and it is the higher power forever evolving. I hope we find out the answer in this life or the next.
    Either the way there is no point in fearing death, as there is no point worrying about somthing you cant change.

12. I've spent a great deal of time deeply questioning what death really is. After a while, I found out it was best to let go of my need to know. While I still speculate, I don't come to any real conclusions, as likely as some possibilties may seem to me.

13. #13 esseff, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
    Who knows? Perhaps it's whatever we want it to be, believe it to be, simply because what we can imagine we actually create? Of course, those who refuse to entertain the possibility that reality could be more amazing than there is evidence for, may not realise this is the case. Perhaps for them, if there is something more, they never notice anything changes as they spend their time choosing to see what they want to see anyway. For the afterlife idea to be real, the Universe would probably be completely unconditional in this regard so it would be quite possible for anything to be so. After all, what you think about, decide is real, is what you effectively believe to be true. Why should anyone suddenly be faced with something they did not want or imagine just because it was possible? We choose to live our own lives. Perhaps we do the same in death.

Anyway, as SW says, there isn't much point wanting to know something. But you can choose to believe whatever you like, whatever makes you happy. Either something like what you imagine will simply become real at some point, although there might not be any of the old ego to even begin to think "I knew it!" when it does, or it won't. Doesn't matter. Life is about living in the present, not imagining your future demise where everything is or isn't something else. Religion likes you to believe there's an afterlife. It's very comforting. I'm not saying it isn't true. But whatever it might be, I doubt it will be what they're peddling that's for sure.

It depends on what you want to know, really. For death, you'll never find a solid answer, no matter how hard you search for it. And...do we really need to know for certain? If we knew, how would it affect the way we live our lives?

15. Well scientifically, it can be said that all of your thoughts, experiences, memories, personality, and everything that makes you "you" is a product of your brain, and when you go through bodily death, your brain dies. Therefor "you" die. With reason we can say your ego dies. There is no physical evidence of "you" surpassing death. But many believe in a soul or continuation of energy. There are trillions of theories.

16. #16 YaSlava, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    A. If I could describe the astral dimension. It is a world much like this one. When my great grandmother came to me in my dream, I stood somewhere deep inside the sacred woods. No more than several feet from me she stood looking me in the eyes. Her house was surrounded by a garden of flowers. I also met a friend in the afterlife. A little black boy who took me inside a temple. Inside the temple we felt a third spiritual presence. We knew that we were inside a sacred room made of marble & stone and what not. When I tried to identify this spirit he showed me an image. There were no words the way I am speaking to you now. It was made of symbols. It was a wooden coffin and when he insisted I look inside I saw a book (no corpse). The book signifies the closing and burying of my past. A chapter in my life when I was planning to hang myself in the forest. And when I prayed to God in my journal to save me from suicide, this is what he showed me.

B. The other thing I wanted to say is that they love us unconditionally. Love is the highest frequency in the universe fear and negativity is the opposite. Therefore, to channel righteousness & peace into this world, to help others simply because it's the right thing to do is to have lived your life with real meaning. Not one of selfishness, hate or greed, but of love, forgiveness and acceptance. This is why even the Bible says, "God created humans in his own image" he endowed our species with free will. The question that faces everyone is will they choose to be like Gandi & Mother Teresa or like Hitler?

17. The best way to answer these questions I've found is by tripping balls on some psychedelics and then asking yourself.
    But what I can tell you is that heaven and hell are conceptual ideas based on your frame of mind.
    Heaven is selflessness; existing without knowing you exist
    Hell is selfishness. It is living for yourself.
    When you die, your ego dies- the part of you that knows you exist, your thoughts- so you "go to heaven"
    Unfortunately, if you haven't achieved enlightenment you "go to hell"

When you trip, you'll probably forget you exist and you might be convinced you're in heaven.
    That's what happened to me.
    But heaven, hell, and god are all as illusory as every other fucking thing.

The good news is that you get to then begin deciding what you actually care about.
    Then you must live by it, otherwise it's pointless.

There are so many people who are waiting to get to heaven or whatever, but it looks more like a mountain you climb to the top of just to go back down again...over and over.

Anyway, there's no supreme death. We're eternal.
    But don't go believing that and believing in hell because that's how you "go to hell"

If you realize that we are one eternal entity, remove all ego, well the idea behind it is that you could do anything you want 'cause you're in heaven, so fuck it go skydiving without a parachute and blowing shit up because when you die, you "go to heaven" and if you don't care and god don't care- which is up to you, really- then you're just going to be reborn.

Everything in existence is a cycle of death and rebirth. How anybody could believe that you live your one small puny ant life and that's it is ridiculous, but you have to realize that it's always gonna be like "is that all there is?" if you don't stop living a puny ant life and start living an awesome pulp fiction life.

Pulp Fiction is probably what one version of heaven looks like.
    I'm no expert on death though so I could be really wrong XD

19. It's like, think of a white wall, if I show it to you you don't know where on the wall to focus. But if I make a mark on that wall suddenly that's all you focus on. Just like our brain/thoughts, in oneness/death you are simply the wall, with no point of focus, any thought is a mark on the wall. IDK if that makes sense but it does in my head.

20. Whatever it is that lies beyond this life experience we all share with one another won't be the same as when we were alive.