1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Life After Death; Agnostics; etc.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by johnnyBuz, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just reading the thread about Suicide and it got me wondering.

I am afraid of death.

I was brought up Catholic, mindwashed into the whole Jesus is our Savior, will come again, etc.

I\'m not saying I don\'t believe in God, or some higher being, but I just really don\'t know what to believe.

I would like to hope there is some higher being watching over us, and that there is some form of an afterlife, because if not, well what would happen when you die? You would just turn into non-existance. Would you realize you died or would you just become nothingness.

I think I believe in Agnostics more so than Catholocism. I just think some of the things they teach us are totally bogus and it\'s like they want to mindwarp us.

What about the scientific reasons for the creation of life? Evolution. Can there be beliefs that humans exist because of Evolution and that \'God\' had something to do with it all?

I remember Honors Bio freshman year. Basically my teacher said life was created because of a 10^-34th chance of something coming from nothing in a vacuum. Then it was just a matter of monomers combining to form polymers and later \"crashing\" into the clay surface of the Earth which had enzymes that created chemical reactions which created the first form of life.

I would really hate to think that is how the universe began.

Anyway, I have more things to post, but I\'ll wait and see if there are any replies first.

2. Honestly, I understand death is just a part (well, the ending) of life. There are many reasons why I don\'t fear death...I won\'t even go into those. If something begins it must end...that\'s just how it goes.

As far as there being an afterlife?

-Sure, would be a nice perk for living and dying, but even if there wasn\'t one, I would be fine. Death is a rest from the life we live on this planet...it\'s not like we\'d want to live forever because all of the things we\'d see on this planet would most likely drive us insane.

However; who\'s to say even what an afterlife would be like?
    Nobody knows for certain... Would it be good and enjoyable...or just stationary and thought-based...?

An afterlife isn\'t required for anyone to die...life just happens...and in the same way; death just happens. It can end as quickly as it began...at any time, for a number of reasons.

I have a feeling we will find out once we die. But I\'m not in any rush to find out...

...try to live in the present, and stop thinking about the future...death isn\'t something you want to make your live revolve around fearing...just trust me..it\'ll save you a lot of worrying. We all live; we all die. If life is inevitable, then so must be death. It is useless to fear something we all must face someday.

3. Basically my teacher said life was created because of a 10^-34th chance of something coming from nothing in a vacuum. Then it was just a matter of monomers combining to form polymers and later \"crashing\" into the clay surface of the Earth which had enzymes that created chemical reactions which created the first form of life.

sounds correct to me.

Religions were created to qualm such fears in those who are not satisfied with the answers to the questions that they are presented with.

It is fear of loss of a promise (that doesn\'t exist) made to them by their god. Follow the rules and there is \"something more\". Don\'t follow the rules and there is nothing. Religions thrive on fear.

4. it never really mattered to me if there was or wasnt.

i mean, if there is no afterlife, then youll never even know you died. youll know when your going to die, and youll know your about to, but youll never know your dead, because, well, im sure you understand why you couldnt :p

and if there is an afterlife, hoorah!! see you guys there along with a hole bunch of old dogs and family/friends. ill bring the weed.

5. I think it\'s much more likely that it all started on Earth.

Your brain, and all that goes on in it, is just the OS that runs your body. Everything you think is just a process of chemical reactions and electrical impulses. When that process dies, that\'s it, it\'s gone.

6. Dude, i stand here, honesetly and thruthfully unafraid.

The thought of death to me, scare me no more.
    as i beleive that when you die, you self, the non-pysicly part will die aslo, as the non-physical part of you NEEDS the physical part of you(lungs,heart) to sustain its self, so when u die, nothing matters, you have no memory of you own and exsist as well and no longer exsisting

7. aint scaer of dieing, but i am scaer of life....

once u die u die, yea u leave behind people u love, and pain... but then aging they got no worries for the person cuzz his resting in peace now...

but life.. life a really scaery thing.. u dont know if u gonna fail in life, if somebody u love dies... life is the scariest thing for me.. just something u play with risk everyday u wake up...latezz..

8. this is true, i feel anyway.

9. Thanks for the replies guys.

By the way, has anyone seen the movie \"21 Grams.\"

Supossedly, actually, proven fact, that when somebody dies, the mass of the body lowers by 21 grams. That is supossed to be the mass of the \"Soul.\"

I don\'t know how they conducted this, but I guess they measured the mass of someone right before they died, and right after they died, and the mass difference was 21 grams.

Grasscity Deals Near You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.