Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Life Advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aWalkInTheWoods, Apr 28, 2014.

1. #1 aWalkInTheWoods, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Whats up people. Ive been looking around this site and everyone here is so nice and helpful. Weed really does bring out the best in people. Im hoping some fellow stoners can give me some much needed life advice. 

ANYWAY... I started smoking last summer after breaking up with a long time girlfriend(im 18 but we were dating since 8th grade). I had also been diagnosed with clinical depression two winters before and was starting to feel shitty again. I started smoking to see what it was like and it turned out to be really chill and fucking awesome. Everything was good and as my depression got worse, marijuana was the ray of sunshine in my life that kept me going. Without it i may have kicked the chair. After getting through the worst of it in the winter I decided to see my therapist again. Then my parents caught me. They shit enough bricks to build a pyramid. I was heavily punished and drug tested which i passed since it had been a week or so since i last smoked. They slowly are regaining their trust in me but are still doing random tests. last week was april vacation week and i smoked for the first time in a while. I was drug tested this morning but luckily i had frozen some piss because i thought they might test me after vacation. it passed. 

My dilemma is this. should i keep smoking? i really love it, and the connection it makes between friends. it helps with my social anxiety as well. I thought this summer was going to be amazing...i have a car and i was going to smoke a ton, but idk now. i hate going behind my parents backs this much especially after they already caught me. if i fail a test or they catch me again im fucked. i dont even want to think about what will happen. 

extra info: i have a job and do good in school...smoking made me more motivated somehow (3.5 gpa this year).

Any help is appreciated thanks for reading this and take an extra hit for me because i cant. 

2. I'm not a fan of going behind parents backs. It's better to be open and honest. When I lived with my parents I told them how often I did it and I kept it out of the house as they wished. If your parents are very against it and will kick you out of the house if you use it then DON'T do it. 

On a side note, you're too young for this site to post. You have to be 18 so better edit your post or you'll get banned for sure. 

3. well friend you have a couple options. maybe you should explain to your parents how much it helps you and maybe they will come around if that doesnt work. try going to see a doctor and tell them you have depression and marijuana helps. you may be able to get medicinal buds depending on where you live. theres an alternate route. trying different medications that could also be very useful i know you love marijuana but there are other options and maybe you should give it up for a while until you move to your own place. this info is based on how much you like / need weed. if you dont need it that much then just give it up no harm no foul. aside from the depression part i say you do keep smoking. most parents come around since it is very popular between teens. Good luck.

4. Thanks guys for responding and i am now 18 haha. They are completely against it sadly there is no way i could convince otherwise. my dad said he used to smoke and got a rare incurable condition from it? i dont know if i believe that but i guess i will have to cut down on my use by alot. the frozen piss should work for now and maybe i will talk to my therapist. i dont think he can prescribe medication so it would get complicated to do so. I think it would be a good compromise for me to just not smoke in or around the house, but they said i have to be drug free to live in the house. they cant legally kick me out yet luckily, but this still fucking sucks. 

5. #5 imsorofl, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Are you not on any anti-depressants? I was diagnosed years ago and recently went back on them because I was fine for awhile but then it just got worse and worse. Honestly smoking is nice but I really wouldn't solely recommened that for depression. You're only going to feel really good for a few hours then start feeling shitty and need to smoke more.

I'm not saying to quit smoking, but don't rely on weed to feel happy. Also exercising can also help A FUCKING LOT with mood, so I really advise you to try doing that regularly that if you aren't.

Sucks your parents are so uptight about it though, I don't know if it's worth it to chance getting caught and getting royally fucked. Honestly try talking to your therapist about it, then have them try and talk to your parents if you think the therapist in on board (not encouraging you using it but recognizing that it DOES help).

6. If they're constantly DT' you, then just take a break until that's over. What's the point of parents DT their children? Anyways, once that ends, be discreet and blaze far away from their domain. Also if you do have a job, save up and look for a place of your own. Freedom is elengi bro. 

7. i am not on antidepressants because my last extreme episode of depression was fixed by my therapist with no medication. This latest time the worst of it was over by the time i met with my therapist. Im never really happy but i dont want to hurt/off myself so i guess thats good. It seems to me that my therapist doesnt think im depressed now because we just talk about college and shit. idk. theres nothing thats making me sad in life i just am not happy. smoking does make it better because it give me a positive attitude. it fills my head with happy thoughts because i think about the things i thought about while high and those are all positive things about my life. i might talk to my therapist but i feel like the conversation would be a little weird and talking to adults/people im not comfortable with is already hard enough(introvert). thanks for the response i really appreciate it

8. i think its going to be random tests until i leave for college which is going to be a year. im working on saving money right now but minimum wage is a bitch. thanks for the response!

9. @[member="aWalkInTheWoods"] Im thinking you should tell your therapist. He/she might talk some sense into your parents? I'm not saying be manipulative here, but you need to really convince your therapist of just how depressed you are, so they don't just assume that you are trying to use them for weed, even if that is the case. Most likely the therapist will agree and see that you used it in moderation and at least try to reason with your parents. Whilst talking to him/her about it, try to avoid talking about the feeling of being high, talk about the pros of the after effects, dont talk about how fun it is, for example, I have adhd and the after affects of me smoking weed makes me pay attention much better for a week or so, than I blaze up if I haven't already (I usually only toke on the weekend) Also, I cant go on pills because they make me depressed. Make it sound more medicinal than recreational. Try not to put a blend of both in their. Make the therapist think that its strictly medicinal. If he/she (from now on Im calling it a he) suggests a alternative in the shape of a pill, tell him that you are against unnatural medicine or go on it for a week or two and complain that it makes you feel even worse, than it'll seem like you dont care what you do as long as you feel better, less of a junkie, more of a patient. 

10. thanks for the thoughtful response ill definitely try that out. its worth a shot. my friend has add and adhd and his meds fuck him up they make him really antisocial and hes skinny as it is and they make him want to eat less. he was really depressed for a while and suddenly got over it i think maybe when he stopped taking his meds.

it is more medicinal than recreational for me at this point i think it makes me enjoy life when it otherwise seems quite bleak. my parents would probably want me to go on regular antidepressants first though. im not sure how they would feel about it even if my dr. recommended it. 

thanks again!