Life Advice for anyone

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MMM3, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Well it sounds like you've thought through your decision. I would still suggest keeping your mind open. The military is always an option... The majority of the other doors to your future are going to close if you join the military. Maybe not the majority... But it's going to take a big chunk of the most fun part of your life away. And it could take your entire life away. It's not an easy decision to make, and only you can make it. Good luck bro, and if you do decide to go: Semper fi!

I've gotten a lot better at dealing with it, but I haven't completely gotten rid of it yet. But I can agree with every point you make.

///M

2. the friendzone

3. What about it? How to get out of it? How to avoid it?

///M

4. mostly how to get out of it.

5. Really, the only way I know to get out of it is to let the friendship get put on hold for a while. Let her forget about you to an extent, go for another girl, do what you need to do to make her stop thinking about you.

Then, once she's had a little time to reset, you can move in for the kill.

The only way I know to avoid it is to move quickly. If you move slowly, she'll think you're not interested/not an alpha personality and for most girls that's a big turn-off. If you're a beta type person then you need to get over it, take a dose of man the fuck up (as the internet loves to call it) and just make a move. I didn't want to man up for a while, but once I did I was opened to a whole new world of women.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying be a dick. But take the lead. Show her that you're in control. Most women like a man who leads the pack.

///M

6. i like your style

7. So do the ladies. :cool:

hahahaha hope I helped.

///M

8. I think MMM3 is a pretty cool guy, eh solves problems and doesn't afraid of anything!

9. I dunno, I can think of plenty things I'm afraid of.

Appreciate it though, brother. Toke on!

///M

10. Man thanks for the advice if I'm ever in the ATL I'll hit you up ;).

11. Definitely, man. Always looking for people to toke up with haha

///M

12. why do i always think/feel my girl is/will cheat?

Our sex life is...well, great. Multiple times a day...

She is with me a majority of her day, everyday. Almost always sleeping over...

We're very open..cutesie...i express these paranoid tthoughts and worries and it just hurts her..idk how to stop though, its like I want to look for something..so im not fucked over in the end? Idk man..this jack's some potent shit.

13. #33 G@nja, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    I know sum1 who got given the decision to join the us marines or go to prison for 5 years...
    He says he wished he chose prison

Edit: just to say why he wishes he chose prison:

out in Afganistan its like a battle royal, you shoot any muslim you see no matter civilian or not. When I chill with him now he literally jumps when he sees a muslim and if he had a gun on him believe me he would near shoot em.
    The army out there kill each other for fun, he was in a village destroying the infrastructure and everyone with a team of 4 others... He called in the planes to firebomb the area but told em they were still there and to give him at least 5mins to get out of the area...
    30secs later he hears whoooooshh. Didn't even have time to look around or anything the whole area around him exploded in flames. His whole team died and his arm is burnt the whole way up.

After that he switched as did almost everyone there, he realized why they didn't give him time to get out. Its like a game the soldiers play with each other to fuk emselves up.
    So many times mad shit happens out there like this one time they are all rocket launchering a village or whatnot, then he just turns to the left sees an American turret gun then just blasts it with his grenader launcher type thing.... this shit keeps on goin on

Just thought you should know what the marines get up to from a 1st hand experience, shits full of convicts who joined insted of goin prison and use countries like Afganhistan as their playgrounds... now if that up your street then cool I'm just sayin what I've heard

14. While I do believe that things like this go on, I think you are biased by this account you heard from your friend (not that its not true).

I don't think that this happens on the scale that you talk about, word would get out about it and it would be a huge scandal in the media, since, as you know, its very hard to censor anything anymore, and the media will take any story they can get their hands on and sensationalize it.

I know for a fact that it doesn't happen in this large a scale. Also, the USMC is not full of convicts as you say. That does not happen as much as it did back in the day, and the USMC is now actually very picky about who they let in. Due to my history of ADD (attention deficit disorder), I had to go through a lot of nonsense to make sure that I could get in, I still have to perform very high on both the PFT and the ASVAB to make sure that I get in, so I know for a fact that some of what your saying here is false.

I've wanted to join the USMC since I was a little boy and nothing is going to stop me.

15. Do I take the blue pill, or the red pill?

16. I'm just sayin what this guy has told me and I have no reason to disbelieve him. Him being the kind of guy you see films about and also meeting an ex-south african-special forces guy who ah fuck it in all honesty im too scared to write half the shit I know about these people on here cos they will be able to find me and do whatever, I don't wanna get on their bad side.

The media is controlled by the Government do you really think they would let this shit out? And please enlighten me to how you know what some of what I'm saying is false as a fact, do you know any ex marines?

you talk of medical tests, I'm talking about the kind of people in there. The guy I know was the kind of guy who used to roll around with alot of every kindof drug in his car + automatic guns, he got busted with that shit and got offered 5years in prison or 3years in the marines, as I've said he wishes he went to prison...

Please just do me 1 favour, I know I'm just a ranodm guy on the internet, but keep us updated with your journey there and if you get time please tell me what it is like once you get there.

I'm not trying to squash your dream, I'm only stating what I've heard from 1st hand experiences not just from this guy but also from a couple of his mates who fought with him, then other crazy shit from the south african.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit MMM3 I just had to get this information out because it is from 1st hand accounts of people that are like fukin james bond in real life but way more fucked up.

Its only because I'm concerned for you thats I'm telling you this.
    Again if you do go through with it as i'm sure you will please inform us of how it goes just a pm in a few years or sumthing anything would really satisfy my curiosity

17. I know numerous ex-marines and active duty marines who portray a very different picture of Iraq and Afghanistan. I also know quite a few people in the special forces community that were my mom's friends (not going into detail here). Like I said, I don't think that its all false, I think that it doesn't happen on the scale that you portray it.

Your right, I will go through with this, since things have already been set in motion and its been a life long dream.

I'll be sure to keep you posted, I do plan on keeping this account activated when I join.. I don't see what harm it can do. I'll be in the Marine Corps this fall/winter, so you'll be getting a PM from me sometime next year when I get my first 10 month deployment.. depending on where I get stationed.

18. It's because you're scared of getting hurt, man. We all are, there's nothing wrong with that. The only problem is that eventually, you will have to let yourself trust her. Whether or not you trust her, she's going to cheat. In fact, she's more likely to cheat if you don't. Maybe not now, or a month from now, or even a year from now, but you have to let her earn it. If she's given you no reason to doubt her, then don't. I know it's a lot easier said than done, but you just have to let go of that mistrust. It can only hurt you.

I know several ex-marines and ex-army guys as well, as well as several ex-special forces guys... I'm with Dutchy. I'm not saying that what you're recounting doesn't happen to some extent, but I'm certain that it isn't just a free-for-all where people kill the soldiers on their own side just for the hell of it. The world is too small for them to get away with that shit.

I had forgotten about this thread, I'm glad you guys brought it back to life!
    ///M

19. Hey all, I know this is an epic thread-rez, but I'm back on the forums so I figured I'd bring this guy back and see if I could help anybody.

Ready... GO!

///M3 (why do I feel like this thread is just going to plummet back to the depths of the digital ocean? Oh well)

20. I feel like I need a good kick in the butt to get moving. In other words I’m lacking ambition and motivation I could use some Inspiration. I’m 20 years old and currently a Junior at a small state college. My major is still undecided at this point but I will be retaking a few general education classes this semester anyway because I took a semester off. The semester off set me back but I also needed to find myself im often melancholy and just lost.

I’ll be starting back in January since I couldn’t get all my paper work in by the fall deadline. All my friends have transferred to bigger universities and are pledging and although I’m a little envious it is also motivation to get my shit together. Should I give myself an extra two years to graduate and still transfer to a bigger university myself?

Are there any books out that have a good message of inspiration and motivation that I can pick up?