Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lieing about having a scale?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ICanLookAtPics, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Well my buddy is probably going to buy my first eighth tommorow, and because he's a bit younger, and money isn't too easy, he wants to make sure he's not getting a light bag. He says the weed is always great, so no problems there.

The question is, would it be a good idea to tell your dealer you're bringing a scale, and then not bring one? Just so they don't give you a light bag because they think you have a scale. Is that considered rude/distrustful or whatever? His dealer and him are alright friends, they talk for like a half an hour everytime he gets weed from her.

2. Don't be shady. Just get the bag. If your worried about getting ripped off, then actually buy a scale.

3. FYI. You cAn get one on eBay for 5 bucks that works fine

4. Last time he picked up a bag, she checked the 20 dollar bill to see if it was fake just in case.

5. threatening to bring a scale just makes you look like a cocksucker... no offense. buy a scale and bring it, or weigh it after and then decided weather or not to deal with the dude again.

6. Tell your friend to ask her weigh it. Trust me, as long as she isn't a bitch/ripping you off she won't mind, and if she does mind tell your friend to remind her the weed isn't for him and it's not his money so he can't pick up without a scale. If she still says no, your friend needs a new dealer. My dealer weighs it in front of me every time, weather I ask him to or not, he just knows. But absolutely do not say you are going to bring a scale then don't. It would make her feel like you don't trust her and it would make her more likely to rip you off in the future.

Hope you get your moneys worth!

7. Thanks for the response. I felt like it was a dick thing to do, so I made the thread, The only reason I wasn't completely turned off from 'threatening' to bring a scale, is because she checked my buddy's bill to make sure it was real.

8. Just ask them to weigh it. Duh. They have to have a scale if they're selling weed. And if they refuse, find a new dealer.

9. It's rude.... Be careful about carrying a scale around with weed it's a felony in my state.

10. Should he ask her to bring a scale, or to scale it beforehand and just trust her?

11. i would buy a scale. pick up the shit and check it once you get home.

if it is short then mention it next time. be polite though...something along the lines of,
    "hey man i weighed out that last sack & it was a little short...your scale might be off or something because mine was reading ______ and i was supposed to get _____"

but threatening to bring a scale is a douche bag move and i wouldnt be surprised if they stopped fucking with you for that

12. [quote name='"ICanLookAtPics"']
    Should he ask her to bring a scale, or to scale it beforehand and just trust her?[/quote]

Well, I assumed the buyer was going to the dealer's house. If that's not the case, then yes, I would ask the dealer to bring a scale if you don't trust them. I just always pick up at my guys place and we weigh it out in front if me. The way it should be.

But, remember that being caught with weed and a scale could get them arrested for possession with intent to sell, so they might not be hip about bringing a scale.e

13. if some bloke said that to me id smash them..

14. tell him you'll bring it and then say you didn't really care. most likely you'll get a good bag

15. People who are saying threatening to bring a scale is a douchebag move imo are wrong, I mean its a bussiness just like anything else, and by just casually dropping it in that you have a scale will make her think twice and know you aren't a complete noob. Which can definately have a major difference.

Trust me for the first year I smoked I had no reliable connect so I had to emply a wide variety of techniques so I wouldnt get ripped off, Dont worry just dont be rude MANNERS COST NOTHING.

16. [quote name='"ICanLookAtPics"']Well my buddy is probably going to buy my first eighth tommorow, and because he's a bit younger, and money isn't too easy, he wants to make sure he's not getting a light bag. He says the weed is always great, so no problems there.

The question is, would it be a good idea to tell your dealer you're bringing a scale, and then not bring one? Just so they don't give you a light bag because they think you have a scale. Is that considered rude/distrustful or whatever? His dealer and him are alright friends, they talk for like a half an hour everytime he gets weed from her.[/quote]

Her? If he gets a light bag he can get the right amount...atleast get his money from the hoe?

17. maybe the dealer doesn't really give a rat's tail bout u and can find buyers elsewhere. don't disrespect ur dealer. personally, i would NOT bring my own scale and scale it in front of her face. big no-no. if she doesn't already scale it upfront, if u rlly need to ask, ask her in a form of a light question instead of a direct statement before the transaction. if anything, u want to go in with fewer items on u.

18. If I bring a scale its only because the dealer is a cunt-fuck.
    I usually just go back to the car (on the rare occasion bring scales in the car NOT RECOMMENDED) and scale it out. If it is crazy light (like this one dude that tried to give me a 2.2 eighth...lol) I'll send them a pic and then call to see what's up. But if it is off by a little don't make a fuss. No reason to start shit over 0.3

19. Buy a scale and weigh it when you get home. Hell you could even casually mention you got a new scale, I doubt your dealer would try any shit then.

20. Just ask to have it weighed when you or he picks it up if the dealer is legit he or she will have no problem doin it