Lied on application - got job at restaurant

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ptownroll, Jan 5, 2013.

1. that's a good idea. take national lampoon seriously when considering job opportunities.

2. Yo should be straight Ptown, just dont come into work smacked til you get the routine down

3. This is what you do, OP.

Lie, cheat, fuck, steal!

Best of luck!

4. Depends on the restruants insurance agency

Thats the main reason many places pee test also

5. If the restaurant is part of a chain, of course; that wouldn't surprise me. Lol But a small business restaurant in a city? One thing's for sure, many waiters of a restaurant tend to hang out occasionally and they do tend smoke. a good portion would fail drug tests lmfaoo.

6. I work at a place called Red Lobster and if it's anything like there, it's very easy and they teach everyone that gets hired. In my interview we sat there talking about video games, game cube, and super smash bros. And no drug test.

7. Don't lie:cool:

8. This is great. Smooth move, OP. Fake it 'til you make it.

I lied about my experience to get a bartending job once. It was at a more up-scale restaurant bar, and I told them I had years behind the bar at a big-city pub. In actuality, I worked bussing tables at some hole-in-the-wall place. I landed the job and worked there for 3 months.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I also stretched the truth to get a farmhand job. Experience with livestock was a necessity, but "I spent a lot of time working on my uncle's farm." Unfortunately, my uncle never had any animals. My inexperience showed, but I stayed on until the season ended.

Don't ever think that the guy who got the job over you did so honestly.

9. Ok well here's the story. Ever since he got the interview for his job, my friend had to go through the vice president of the companies interview. Now since my friend had no experience at all for his engineering job, and my friend told me that when the VP was interviewing him, he thought the VP knew he was all bullshitting at didn't really know what he was talking about.

Well you guys know my friend was hired and while working there, whenever he would run into his manager, his manager would always be messed up to him ( don't know if it was cause he was the only persian guy working there or because he just didn't like my friend) and my friend has just been trying to avoid his manager whenever he can.

Well to the part where my friend gets fired. So my friend goes to work and they tell him that there is a group meeting that he has to attend and everyone including his manager and VP will be there. Now from what my friend told me, the interview was about why they weren't making good enough products or why they weren't doing so good and not intentionally, my friends manager blames it all on my friend( which is correct cause my friend didn't know what he was doing at his job lol) Well my friend is a bit crazy ( he seems like he's on coke when he's sober) that kinda crazy.

So my friend was sitting there listening to his manager bad talk him to the VP and my friend just snaps, he gets up while his manager was still talking and starts to cuss back at him and telling him that it was the managers fault why my friend couldn't do his job correctly. All in all my friend yelled at his manager in front of his company meeting and that is why he got fired. Thanks for reading :smoking: