Lied on application - got job at restaurant

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ptownroll, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Haha it happens to the best of all of us man. Want to know a crazy story about my friend that just happened to him last year?

Alright so my friend is the same age as me (23) and he just graduated college in late 2011 I believe. He majored in marketing and when he graduated from college, he couldn't find a steady job for the life of him.(It could also be a possibility that he's addicted to gambling) as to why he couldn't find a job.

After a couple of months of not being able to find a job, he decides enough is enough and decides he want to go into some engineering job. Now remember he majored in business marketing, so he has NO idea about what engineering is. So my friend starts studying and trying to learn all these things about engineering. About 2 months? after he was studying, he started to get interviews and he went into those and answered all the bosses questions by studying and with the help of his dad. His dad has a job in engineering so he knows a lot about the questions they are going to ask my friend during the interview.

Long story short, my friend actually got a job in a engineering department without taking any classes on it and basically taught himself everything with the help of his dad. Well needless to say he got fired after a month working there lol. The way he got fired was pretty funny too but this story is too long and I'm not trying to thread jack. Sorry but your story just made me think of my friend have a good one and keep on smoking :smoking:.

2. If its a new place they will train you since every place is different.

Tell them up ended dropping out of the school due to financial complications.

3. Oh come on, now i gotta know what was funny about him getting fired.

4. whatever you do, just dont let that bitch kill your vibe!!:smoking::smoking:

5. Kitchen work isn't hard at all man. Just study up on the temperatures for the different meats they cook, pay attention to the seasonings the other cooks use, and look up the different style of cuts for vegetables so you know how each one should be cut for perticular dishes. As long as your coworkers aren't douchebags and you start on a slow day they should be able to get you going fine with what you need to know and just take notes then before you know it you'll be in the swing of things and fit right in.

6. #26 passthebilly, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah do abit of reading on food safety and how you need to handle foods at different temperatues. Just take notes after work try memorize all the ingredients of each recipe, cooking times, temps etc. And if they have all that written down just memorize all that shit, it will look like you're putting in effort (and they'll be the last to suspest ur a stoner lol).

7. Even if you have worked in a Kitchen, every Kitchen is different.

I worked in a a corporation kitchen and i learned a lot, but
    i quit that job to get a better cooking job and it was like starting over.

New everything, new style of cooking, new utensils, new ways about going things. Everything was new and they were like "Are you sure you've worked in a kitchen"?
    and i have for 2 years and i thought i knew a lot....

A good company will give you a training book, and training days. No worries man you can learn everything in around 2-3 weeks.

8. Lol thanks for the encouragement everyone. Like I said its a bar/grill type so id say its on the level of a Fridays or Chilis just not as popular. I'm going to hold off on smoking for the time being as I cannot concentrate when I'm trying to learn something lol. Ill be sure to update in the future and let everyone know my status of employment. If I can make it I have high hopes for you all that ever end up in this situation lmao. Ill see how far my nutrition class I took in high school will take me lolol

9. its your chance to be arthur spooner

10. Unfortunately, if you get caught, this will become part of your permanent record.

11. ok... this is cooking not rocket science, as long as you can catch on properly you should not have a problem. they will make sure you are trained not just throw you on the oven and be like bitch make some fucking bread with no training. every resturant uses its own recipes and everything so just go with the flow. worst case is they fire you or you end up washing dishs

12. this is fuckin funny.

13. How will it become part of my permanent record lol? if shit hits the fan i just wont put it on my resume as past work expirience. its not a major career

14. No I mean, if you're applying for a job waiting tables, you don't even have to mention anything about cooking school or working in the kitchen, it's unnecessary

15. there's no such thing as a permanent record lol. its not like you have transcripts or anything. you write the resume that you hand to your employer

16. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:rolleyes:

17. FBI background checks......:eek::bolt:

18. applying to a restaurant? really..

19. Double Secret Probation bro.